Charging lead acid batteries in the house?

timtune

Well-known member
Site Supporter
I've always put LA batteries in the basement with a tender now the Squeeze is concerned about them being there. Does she have anything to worry about?
 
I've always put LA batteries in the basement with a tender now the Squeeze is concerned about them being there. Does she have anything to worry about?
Mostly no but a little yes. Charging a LA battery can result in hydrogen gas release. If in a large space, no big deal. If you charge them in a closet or cabinet and get unlucky, you could theoretically have a fire or explosion. Even then, I doubt a tender would release gas fast enough to get a high enough concentration, I think you'd need to leave a real charger on it.
 
CA_03041215260763-XL.jpg


When we lived in a condo, I had all of these tucked away in one of our spare bedrooms every winter... 🤷‍♂️
 
Back
Top Bottom