Chain Tool Lend/Rent - Anyone? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain Tool Lend/Rent - Anyone?

junior

Anyone have a chain tool they're willing to lend or rent to me? I live in Markham, but don't mind traveling to pick one up. I don't want to buy a cheap one only for it to break on me and not sure if I'm willing to spend the $100+ for a good one, doubt I'll use it often enough to worth the money.

You do realize that once you grind the heads off the 2 rivets and part way into the side plate, you can pretty much drive it apart with a rock and dull nail.

You do realize that once you grind the heads off the 2 rivets and part way into the side plate, you can pretty much drive it apart with a rock and dull nail.
Still nice to have the proper tool to flare the pins on the new master link.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

True that,
I buy cir-clip master links ;) and if I absolutely had to use a rivet master, I would probably use a hammer and a punch and just mutilate it.

I've cut a chain off with bolt cutters before. Faster than a grinder and no mess.

Peening a new rivet while the chain is on the bike would be an awkward task. I'm fine with clip links.

I need one of these rivot tools, I was planning on changing my chain and sprockets. Nobody rents em out in GTA?

I need one of these rivot tools, I was planning on changing my chain and sprockets. Nobody rents em out in GTA?
It's not hard to break the pin if you are ham fisted. It's probably not worth a stores time to rent it and collect a security deposit. Matt is on the right track, post where you are and there are some very helpful people here.

I'm mostly in Etobicoke by Rosey Toes, Scarborough by Snow City/Cycleworld or up in East Gwillimbury, King, Kawarthas.

I plan on grinding off the old rivet then using the tool to press on the new master link. I'll do all the sprockets and setup etc the day before so i can just go home quickly press it in and return tool right after.

Back
Top Bottom