Chain grease on rims | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain grease on rims

i have the same problem.. sounds like good tips to remove it ... but...

from a detailing perspective! i'm thinking kerosene on nicely painted surfaces is not an ideal cleaning agent? What about one of those citrus de-greasers or something that won't harm the paint?

i have the same problem.. sounds like good tips to remove it ... but...

from a detailing perspective! i'm thinking kerosene on nicely painted surfaces is not an ideal cleaning agent? What about one of those citrus de-greasers or something that won't harm the paint?

I've used kerosene to clean my rims and chain for the last two years. No issues with the paint on the rims at all. If your really concerned just use the WD-40...I use this to clean the grime and sticky rubber off my OEM fairings (and rims when i ran out of kerosene) with no issues at all.

Whatever you do don't use brake cleaner on anything painted.

Never tried those de-greasers, I'm sure they work but a cheap bottle of kerosene goes a long way and it's very effective.

both are great, but I think kerosene would strip the clear coat if you rubbed at all... I may be wrong, but I like to be safe and stick with WD-40. I put that **** on everything.
Don't use butane... it will strip the clear coat. I learned the hard way so you don't have to!

Kerosene is stank. Wd-40 doesn't smell too bad and i use it on the chain too. To each their own. I'd just rather have a small, convenient can than a gallon jug.

I just have my kerosene in a spray bottle. Works pretty well! (But still smells horrible)

both are great, but I think kerosene would strip the clear coat if you rubbed at all... I may be wrong, but I like to be safe and stick with WD-40. I put that **** on everything.
Don't use butane... it will strip the clear coat. I learned the hard way so you don't have to!

Kerosene is no more aggressive than WD-40.

Butane? Butane boils at -0.5 deg C. How did you use butane as a cleaning agent?

Back
Top Bottom