CBX Carb Spewing Gas After Hard Time Starting? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBX Carb Spewing Gas After Hard Time Starting?

Do you have the OEM shop service manual yet?
you really do need that for every motorcycle you own, quality well maintained motorcycles can out-live the mechanics.

Small zip tie will hold an air tube on as good as anything.
I do.

Far as I know but I'll make sure to ask again.
Better yet, build something so you can do it yourself. Information on how to build it is on the net.
That way you are prepared to service your own carbs, which is really not all that complicated.
... lol heck you are going to be an expert at it you have 6 of em!

Better yet, build something so you can do it yourself. Information on how to build it is on the net.
That way you are prepared to service your own carbs, which is really not all that complicated.
... lol heck you are going to be an expert at it you have 6 of em!
Fair. Too bad I've got nowhere but a driveway to work.

Tuning and balancing a 6 carb setup isn't for the feint of heart! When I'm stumped I take my stupid bikes to the folks at Speedworx Suberbikes. Don't know whether they have CBX experience, I do know they tune some crazy carbed bikes, I've seen old Hondas there before.

Their mechanics are race guys, they can probably set get things sorted if you can't do it yourself.

Fair. Too bad I've got nowhere but a driveway to work.
Put down something to catch the fuel spillage, you should probably be doing it outside anyway.

Carburetors are not rocket science, they are closer to a toilet tank connected to a spray bottle. One carburetor for each cylinder, what could be simpler, just do the same thing over and over again.
Oh, you mean after you modify the exhaust system? <- ya you are right, you can't out engineer Honda, & do you really want to pay a mechanic to learn how?

A race guy would replace the carburetors with something other then CV carburetors which were put on their as part of the bikes requirement to comply with EPA requirements :/ same as the oem exhaust system. You building a race bike? That really wouldn't be that difficult either.

Tuning and balancing a 6 carb setup isn't for the feint of heart! When I'm stumped I take my stupid bikes to the folks at Speedworx Suberbikes. Don't know whether they have CBX experience, I do know they tune some crazy carbed bikes, I've seen old Hondas there before.

Their mechanics are race guys, they can probably set get things sorted if you can't do it yourself.
A place called Cyclewerx was recommended by someone going by Syscrush on Reddit after he posted a video of his running so smoothly a toonie could be balanced on the engine.

Put down something to catch the fuel spillage, you should probably be doing it outside anyway.

Carburetors are not rocket science, they are closer to a toilet tank connected to a spray bottle. One carburetor for each cylinder, what could be simpler, just do the same thing over and over again.
Oh, you mean after you modify the exhaust system? <- ya you are right, you can't out engineer Honda, & do you really want to pay a mechanic to learn how?
I didn't put the exhaust on. It came that way. I didn't really want to spend ~$1500 on a replacement. Probably gonna have to in a couple years when this one rots out anyway though.

Your bike is pretty special, you should have the original stuff on it as much as possible for your grand kids benefit.

Your bike is pretty special, you should have the original stuff on it as much as possible for your grand kids benefit.
Even if I replaced the existing exhaust it would be with a replica. Don't think OEM is available anymore.

How awful would it be if the previous owner trashed them just to put on loud pipes.

How awful would it be if the previous owner trashed them just to put on loud pipes.
Bike was in pieces in a basement when found. Abandoned by a tenant in an old house a coworker was renting out. He made a deal with another co-worker that if he gets it out of the basement he can keep it. Other guy got some friends and hauled it out. Went to the MTO and somehow got it registered as it was abandoned. He rode it for awhile and then parked it for 18 years. Sold it to me when he retired for a steal. He thought it was still road worthy though. It was not. Still hasn't taken too much to get it on the road though. Carbs have probably been the biggest issue. Tank was also full of rust so that was fun. Got much easier once I figured out there was a filter in the tank, lol.

Almost guarantee carbs will continue to be your biggest issue followed by valve adjustments. Those are not rocket science either ;) just do the same thing over and over and over and over ....

If you promise to do a few full throttle passes behind my house and you don't mind riding north of Barrie, I have a garage and a mercury filled carb balancer that can do four carbs at a time that you are welcome to use.

If you promise to do a few full throttle passes behind my house and you don't mind riding north of Barrie, I have a garage and a mercury filled carb balancer that can do four carbs at a time that you are welcome to use.
Wait, :unsure: you want Him to ride it wot behind your house,
or You want to ride it wot behind your house? <- That sounds like a way better deal.

Those bikes sound epic at WOT.

Good luck, would sure love to own one of those myself just for the ***** and giggle rides. And the WOT sound. ;)

Wait, :unsure: you want Him to ride it wot behind your house,
or You want to ride it wot behind your house? <- That sounds like a way better deal.
True, but I'm loaning him a relatively cheap tool. I can't be greedy.

Back
Top Bottom