Cbr600rr owners help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr600rr owners help!

DJAY600rr

I need a little help I know this is a sled forum but I'm pretty sure we have some sport bike owners on here. Here my situation. I have an 07 cbr600rr and I bought the integrated tail light from cbr heaven which I wired up yesterday but In the process I accidentally touch to wires together that I shouldn't have and I think I shorted something out. I disconnected the light and now when I turn the key the bike seems dead and I hear a clicking noise when I try to start it and all the lights are dim on my display?? Any ideas to what I might have done? Think I just killed the battery or maybe it's a fuse? I'm thinking I may have to make a trip to the dealer...

Don't go to the dealer I have a solid bike guy in mount Albert who deals with strictly bikes if your interested. Just trying to help a fellow ryder out

Sounds like it might be the battery. Possibly just a coincidence that it started to die right after you made some little sparks.

generally if you short any wiring, you'll blow a fuse, which is exactly the purpose of a fuse. Usually light wiring isn't on the same fuse as a starter, so this is likely co-incidental. Double check each fuse and make sure the wire inside doesn't appear "snapped"

...now when I turn the key the bike seems dead and I hear a clicking noise when I try to start it and all the lights are dim on my display...

Sounds like an issue I had earlier this season. I hooked up my battery tender to my battery for a couple of days and she's good to go.

Ok so do you guys think I fried my led tail light in the process becuz I noticed after this the tail light wouldn't come on at all

Sounds like you are having two issues now one with your wiring for your tail light and one with the battery.

When I did mine I couldn't find a lot of info to confirm wiring or understand it. Here is a link to a thread I made that discusses what to do and ultimately what I ended up doing:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=267439

did you check if you blew a fuse, that would cause your tail light not to work. Also charge your battery its possible it got drained while you were working on your tail light. I have a 04 cbr600rr the fuses for me are located under the left side fairing.

Thanks for all your input you guys are awesome! Now I just have to wait t get off work to try these solutions. I'm going crazy thinking about it lol can't have nothing happen to my baby!! Ill keep you guys posted

Ok so I got er going again turns out it was a fuse and the bat went dead.. So now I have a new problem I have the integrated light installed and wired up but now when the bike is on the brake light is on constantly and it won't go off instead of just the running light. Any ideas to what may be causing this??

Sounds like your wires are wired properly.

This is from cbrheaven

are3utev.jpg

Ok but on my bike I don't have the black/yellow black/white wires on the bike. I only have the green/orange and blue/green for turn singles and for running/brake/ground I have red/black/white so I'm stumped here the wiring instructions I got from cbr heaven are useless to me. I have the 07

And on the bike itself the white plug that the black plug connects too it
has three wires which are green, black/white, and green/yellow

do you have a test light? or a multimeter. You can easily id what wire is giving power when braking and what has power all the time for running light.
if you turn signals are fine and brake light is solid, you most likely need to just swap the wire going to the brakes currently with the one going to the running light.
out of 3 wires ground is probably connected, other wise i don't think any light will come on and your 2 wires left are running and brake; so swapping them should do the trick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom