CBR500R Repsol | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR500R Repsol

CafeRay

I found this on the interwebnets for sale at a British bike dealer:
10067.jpg

This is a custom? Did Honda offer Repsol colors as an option on the CBR500R somewhere?

I clicked on this thread expecting the bike to look stupid, but it's not bad at all. I likes it.

There are several CBR500R's with that colour scheme on eBay UK so I'd presume it's stock there.

Even though the smaller Repsol bikes (125, 250 and I guess now the 500) come with that color scheme... I still feel as of it takes away from the liter bike. Shouldn't have it on the smaller bikes.. I had a 125 Repsol as a commuter and non moto people thought it was the 1000 lol.

It's the only pic I could find, I'm thinking it's a custom, using a combination of CBR600 and CBR250 Repsol decals. I would have made the wheels orange and put a slip-on on it..

It's strange that Repsol colors are options on the 250, 300, 125 , 600, 1000, but not the 500. (perhaps because it looks too close to a 600?).

Even though the smaller Repsol bikes (125, 250 and I guess now the 500) come with that color scheme... I still feel as of it takes away from the liter bike. Shouldn't have it on the smaller bikes.. I had a 125 Repsol as a commuter and non moto people thought it was the 1000 lol.

But what 18 year old would not want a Repsol livery bike? A crazy one.

By that logic, you should dislike the 1000 too, as it's not the original GP bike either. Not a big fan of livery on street bikes myself, though I love the actual colour schemes.

Solo tail is weak, but the Akra is nice

I don't get solo tails in general. I think most of them look like crap, they certainly don't serve any functional purpose, and depending on how dumb the design is the bike will shed them involuntarily at some point. Adios to your $300-500 piece of painted ABS.

Not sure if it's Honda but if so, they'll put that livery on anything it seems. Witness the European-only Honda Integra scooter:

integr12.jpg

This reminds me of Chevrolet putting the Nova nameplate on a Geo Prizm, thereby forever ruining the name Nova for ethusiasts:

1987_Chevrolet_Nova.jpg

Not sure if it's Honda but if so, they'll put that livery on anything it seems. Witness the European-only Honda Integra scooter:

integr12.jpg

Seems homemade. I didn't think honda threw the HRC logo on things without reason.

^ It's the real deal.

There was also the Honda Wave RSV Repsol
hondawave125.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get solo tails in general. I think most of them look like crap, they certainly don't serve any functional purpose, and depending on how dumb the design is the bike will shed them involuntarily at some point. Adios to your $300-500 piece of painted ABS.

The ideal way to do it is a proper race tail, not just a pillion seat cover, then you can shed the grab bars and passenger pegs and the seat for a good chunk of weight. They should act as bum stops if properly designed.

cool
people pay for a bike only to ride around and provide free advertising for a Spanish oil company...sweet.
now they just need a repsol jacket and helmet and a watch....oh wait, maybe socks too...man how cool would that be

cool
people pay for a bike only to ride around and provide free advertising for a Spanish oil company...sweet.
now they just need a repsol jacket and helmet and a watch....oh wait, maybe socks too...man how cool would that be

A lot of good free advertising does for a company that does not sell anything in this country.

Lots of examples of this: Monster Energy Kawasaki, Joe Camel Honda, Lucky Strike Suzuki, and Marlboro Red Ducatis.

A lot of good free advertising does for a company that does not sell anything in this country.

Lots of examples of this: Monster Energy Kawasaki, Joe Camel Honda, Lucky Strike Suzuki, and Marlboro Red Ducatis.
Someone asked me why my bike had soccer logos on it. Told them I didn't even know what the logos are for.

xCxDp6r.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom