Cbr125r full exhaust system | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cbr125r full exhaust system

Somehow I just knew this thread would start up some sort of argument :)
To vrus: I honestly would buy a used ninja 250, but I'm very wary of the carbs. My bike is my only source of transport and a lot of my riding is done on cold mornings at about 6 am. I've heard that the carbed 250s are a pain in the *** to start in the morning, otherwise I would have bought one of those instead of my 125. For the record though, I'm very happy with my 125. Fantastic bike to learn with and a big improvement over the '08 model. Sure it won't go much faster than 120, but all the best country roads are 80km/h anyways. Thanks again for all your opinions.

Somehow I just knew this thread would start up some sort of argument :)
To vrus: I honestly would buy a used ninja 250, but I'm very wary of the carbs. My bike is my only source of transport and a lot of my riding is done on cold mornings at about 6 am. I've heard that the carbed 250s are a pain in the *** to start in the morning, otherwise I would have bought one of those instead of my 125. For the record though, I'm very happy with my 125. Fantastic bike to learn with and a big improvement over the '08 model. Sure it won't go much faster than 120, but all the best country roads are 80km/h anyways. Thanks again for all your opinions.

Carb is a non-issue on the 250, I never had a problem with my 2001 that had sat for years before I got it (I didn't get around to cleaning the carb until about 3 years in and it was fine when I cracked it). You have to use the choke when it's cold, but can shut it off as you're heading down the road, no different than any carb'd bike.

My 650 now has FI and its a nice luxury, but that's all it is... Having said that comfortably going on a 400 series highway might be a luxury to you too (I rode that 250 all over Ontario with my GF two up with full luggage, and to Cape Breton solo and back in 4 days).

I say spend the money on the exhaust. But don't complain when you regret the decision down the road when you're $450 away from being able to afford a ninja 250. Carbs don't give me trouble even in the winter. I've ridden my 250 in temperatures below zero and start ups have not been an issue.

With respect to the environment it is hard to think of a non-human powered vehicle more environmentally friendly than the CBR125. Milage is stupidly great, even routinely shifting at a minimum of 7500, plus it has the cat converter and doesn't weigh much, so not too many materials went into it. Plus the are blast to ride since you always run flat out.

I say spend the money on the exhaust. But don't complain when you regret the decision down the road when you're $450 away from being able to afford a ninja 250. Carbs don't give me trouble even in the winter. I've ridden my 250 in temperatures below zero and start ups have not been an issue.

That's reassuring to know that there are people that use their 250 when things start getting cold without any problems. A lot of people seem to complain online about theirs taking forever to warm up. Hard to tell though whether that's an issue with all ninja 250s, or just a result of poor maintenance. How long do you find your bike takes to get up to temperature on cold mornings? I suppose when you rationalize it like that I'll just save the $450 and pick up a used ninja 250 next season instead.

Try before you buy. You may find that the 2011 cbr125 has a better chassis ...

As some one who had an aftermarket exhaust on a 125, I say do it. I didn't notice **** as far as performance, but the bike became more fun to ride.

When I was riding my 125r, the best thing I did, that made my three years of riding that bike enjoyable, was waste money on a slipon.

So, disregard everyone elses advices, and take mine - if you intend to ride it for 2-3 years, and you like to have obnoxious noise coming out of your rear, buy it. You'll enjoy it. Don't listen to the clowns that say you're sinking your money into that bike, they clearly have forgotten the joy of having a first, inexpensive bike, and putting some money into it.

They're also the ones that likely sunk money into a bike that they crashed, or had stolen and they'll say anything to bring you into their misery, my friend.

Enjoy the riding, peace.

When I was riding my 125r, the best thing I did, that made my three years of riding that bike enjoyable, was waste money on a slipon.

So, disregard everyone elses advices, and take mine - if you intend to ride it for 2-3 years, and you like to have obnoxious noise coming out of your rear, buy it. You'll enjoy it. Don't listen to the clowns that say you're sinking your money into that bike, they clearly have forgotten the joy of having a first, inexpensive bike, and putting some money into it.

They're also the ones that likely sunk money into a bike that they crashed, or had stolen and they'll say anything to bring you into their misery, my friend.

Enjoy the riding, peace.

I disagree (although not the main point of just doing what you want because this is a toy). Trying to save on insurance and then spending the money and then some on a mod that will only make a noise difference and potentially cost more money on tuning just seems like a poor decision. I only say this when a 250 would be a MASSIVE improvement in highway capability and still be super cheap insurance. As far as the more capable chassis comment I have yet to see a 250 Ninja that has problems being ridden. Unless of course you plan on racing the Superbike class on the track.

Enjoy whatever you get!

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a full Hindle exhaust system for my 2011 cbr125r this year. The good news is that I can get the system for 25% off, but the bad news is it will still cost about $450. I know everyone says not to dump any money into a 125, but I'm a student and will likely be keeping this bike for another 2 full riding seasons to save on insurance and operating costs. Overall I have no regrets buying the bike since 90% of my driving is in the city, but a little more power for 100km/h highway drives would be appreciated. I'm fully aware that the torque/power gain won't be huge, but every little bit helps when your bike tops out around 130km/h flat out.
The only thing other than cost which is stopping me is the fact that in order to fit the new exhaust the catalyzer would have to be removed. The 2011 cbr125's exhaust doesn't allow the use of a slip on. Being a somewhat environmentally conscious person I hesitate to do this, but since I only drive a couple thousand km a year the difference would probably be pretty negligible. I look forward to any feedback or opinions that you guys can offer.

if you can afford it without it killing you....just buy it. chances are that you will enjoy riding your bike one MEEEELLLLLLLLLLIIION times more than you do now.

130 kmh... Ur 140 pounds... I had a 125 and i got it up to 150 and im 160 pounds, redline the crap outta it and dont use 6th lol but yeah save up and buy a 250 thats what i did, they are perfect in the cold people who are complaining are big babies

Back
Top Bottom