CBR 500R Insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

CBR 500R Insurance?

Lane

Hey guys, im looking to get into motorcycling and have been looking at cbr 500r's. I only have my M1 atm but i already enrolled in a safety course for my M2 in August. Im only 21 atm so i already know insurance is going to be fairly expensive but can anyone that owns this bike lemme know how much you're paying for insurance? I don't wanna buy the bike only to find out its super expensive.

Thanks!

Do you have a home, car or tenant insurance policy now? if yes that's the place to go to first. CBR500R is not in an unreasonable insurance bracket from what I've seen, and it's a nice bike.

(y) Ask them what bike is the cheapest one to insure according to them. They won't tell you but it's always fun to ask.

It's sad isn't it, you get all pumped on owning a nice safe motorcycle
and then they throw this prohibitive expensive insurance requirement clause in your face ? Boom 2 grand a year.

It's sad isn't it, you get all pumped on owning a nice safe motorcycle
and then they throw this prohibitive expensive insurance requirement clause in your face ? Boom 2 grand a year.
And then you go and try on some sweet dianese gear and the sweet arai helmet without looking at the price tags ?

I got my icon overlord jacket for $20 on kijiji. Guy said it was his sons and he moved to bc dad didn’t know how much the jacket was worth

As long as it smells like leather and not like Guy I would be good with that.

Chain works good btw thanks (y) it's actually heavier duty-ish then the ones that come on the bike, the side plates are slightly thicker.

Call riders plus, I’d bet they’d be the cheapest for your demographic
Yeah i just gave them a call and they quoted me 2450/year for it and 2005/year for a cbr 300r. Im not very familiar with handling insurance so do you know any other places i should check out?

If you have nothing to bundle a whole bunch of them won't touch you with a reasonable quote.

CBR300R is a Very nice bike, if you're a lightweight I would think it's even better suited then the twin.
... at those prices I would be buying the single, think of it as somebody paying you 445$ to ride that bike for one year instead of the bigger one. That sounds like a decent deal.

If you have nothing to bundle a whole bunch of them won't touch you with a reasonable quote.

CBR300R is a Very nice bike, if you're a lightweight I would think it's even better suited then the twin.
... at those prices I would be buying the single, think of it as somebody paying you 445$ to ride that bike for one year instead of the bigger one. That sounds like a decent deal.
Im 5'11 150lbs so that idk if that's lightweight, probably right? But yeah tbh after hearing the quote im leaning towards the cbr 300r. I rode my friends ninja 250 before and i had a blast so i don't think id get bored of it for a while. Im just tryna figure out what other insurance companies i should be looking for rn though, so if you know any others that'd insure someone like me that'd be awesome!

Close to my size, any bike will hardly know you are on there.
Hard to get bored with a CBR300R just ride it faster, it's not like you're going to break it.

Close to my size, any bike will hardly know you are on there.
Hard to get bored with a CBR300R just ride it faster, it's not like you're going to break it.
What about getting quotes on a ninja 400
Yeah i just gave them a call and they quoted me 2450/year for it and 2005/year for a cbr 300r. Im not very familiar with handling insurance so do you know any other places i should check out?
TD, Dalton Timmis deals with a lot of different companies, Mitchell & Whale, uhh riders plus you called, Desjardins, intact, I don’t think Allstate or wawanesa will quote you, State Farm? I can’t remember anymore

Im 5'11 150lbs so that idk if that's lightweight, probably right? But yeah tbh after hearing the quote im leaning towards the cbr 300r. I rode my friends ninja 250 before and i had a blast so i don't think id get bored of it for a while. Im just tryna figure out what other insurance companies i should be looking for rn though, so if you know any others that'd insure someone like me that'd be awesome!
R3 is sweet too

Price all 3 for insurance,
results are impossible to predict because there is zero logic applied to ontario motorcycle insurance rates.

yeah for the most part the ninja 300 and cbr have pretty much the same insurance rates from what ive gathered. Havent checked for the R3 cause i completely forgot those were a thing LOL. HP isnt a huge selling factor for me, i mainly wanted the cbr for the torque and cause i love the styling of it the best!

yeah for the most part the ninja 300 and cbr have pretty much the same insurance rates from what ive gathered. Havent checked for the R3 cause i completely forgot those were a thing LOL. HP isnt a huge selling factor for me, i mainly wanted the cbr for the torque and cause i love the styling of it the best!

The R3 has the nicest styling in my opinion, I’m biased though we’ve got one here. All tuned up they are pretty fun. The 2019+ have inverted forks now. You can change the clip ons or relocate the oem clip ons below the triple tree for a more aggressive riding position. Mine has some vortex 7 degree clip ons. Check out the ninja 400. The KRT colour schemes are pretty cool, pretty wicked bikes so I’ve heard but I’ve never ridden one.

Back
Top Bottom