Cayuga Dragway - Take It To The Track Friday (Aug 5) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cayuga Dragway - Take It To The Track Friday (Aug 5)

Fun times ... there were a couple of good match-ups in this group! Gary's Busa against my ZX10R, Sunny's BMW against Katatonic's Kat.

Timing system for the left lane was buggered on some runs but not all - I think the times are right but the mph was low. I know there was one run where Gary had me by a couple of bike lengths but the timing system said 16 mph difference. No way was it that much - and you don't turn an 11 flat while "only" doing 121 mph ...

I think the best one was 10.9 and change. Couple tenths slower than last time out. Launch still inconsistent and not near where it "should" be.

There's one difference in the bike ... last time the rear tire was just about worn out, and this time was with an almost-new one.

Good time on friday for sure! Nice videos Gary! My videos will look a little dark due to the tinted screen..... I just got home from the trailer so I haven't had time to upload anything yet. Hopefully I'll have time in the next couple of days.
And my wife took over 500 pictures!! I quickly went through some of them but the battery died..... After I sift through them I'll post the best ones.
And I'm definitely going again this season!! I would even consider going again this coming friday if there's any interest..... lol!

Got some pics from the drag races, do you guys want me to post them here?

I'd go again! But next month or so.

Also, a guy on another forum from Toronto has the same bike and said to call him when we go again. He said he did 12.2s on his F800 in Cayuga last fall.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Got some pics from the drag races, do you guys want me to post them here?

Sure post em!

Here's a couple of stills from one of the video's.

vid00623001.jpg

And this is right at the finish. I caught up right at the end but I can't remember who won this one....it was close! The little red blur near the bottom of the picture is the finish box....that's how close it was!

vid00623028.jpg

Here's a couple of stills from one of the video's.

And this is right at the finish. I caught up right at the end but I can't remember who won this one....it was close! The little red blur near the bottom of the picture is the finish box....that's how close it was!

vid00623028.jpg

^^^^ LOVE THIS PIC...... Wish it was "brighter". Thanks!

Thanks Rafiki!
And just for Sunny......

From "Bike" (UK) Nov 2006 issue.
F800S
Power 84bhp @8500rpm - at back wheel
Torque 59.7lb.ft @6000rpm
Max speed 138.4mph
0-60mph 3.53s
Standing 1/4 mile 12.36s @ 112.9mph

Although some other magazines claim a 12.1.
You're not too far off.....I'd say very good considering it was your first time on the track!

Back
Top Bottom