Carbon-effects.ca | GTAMotorcycle.com

Carbon-effects.ca

hotshotmikeyboy

JUST WANTED TO DO A SHOUT OUT FOR CARBON-EFFECTS.CA AMAZING WORK, REALLY CHEAP PRICE (ABOUT THE SAME PRICE OF PAINTING YOUR BIKE) AND THE OWNER BILL IS A GREAT GUY AND WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE IS TOTALLY MINT!!!! AND BEST OF ALL HE IS LOCAL!!!!!

i took these pics before i was even able to wipe in down and clean off all the dust but it still looks pretty wicked!!!!

c4622c71.jpg

852ffa94.jpg

2bf7b473.jpg

116e2a23.jpg

faffc19b.jpg

52531ca3.jpg

2ceef2b5.jpg

That's unique.

i wouldnt call it unique, but it is definitely rare.

looks great btw.
the guys at carbon-effects are top notch guys. i've called them with questions trying to trouble shoot a problem i was having working with CF, and they were very helpful even though i only bought supplies, even though they were reluctalty helpful with that.

are your fairings carbon fibre? or was it just carbon fibre vinyl wrap?

nope they dont use the crappy 3m stuff that looks like plastic. they wrap your existing fairings with carbon fiber, then resin it, wet sand, resin it again, wet sand and then clear coating. Bill at carbon-effects was wanting to wet sand and polish my fairings before he gave it back to me but i didnt think it needed it!! :) the fairings after this carbon work is done is almost like reinforced concrete!! your fairings will be super frekin strong after this is done , and super stiff!! the nice thing that he uses your existing fairings your fitment is really really mint!! doesnt get better then that!!!! I have purchased a carbon gas tank before from another source before and fitment was garbage. i totally didnt want to go through that road again!! this is the way to go for sure !!!

ed7058b7.jpg

295d49d1.jpg

Last edited:
So this is just a bling mod? The fairings themselves aren't carbon? All you are doing is adding weight to your fairings, and making them so stiff that they will definitely shatter when you drop the bike?

Why not buy true carbon fairings?

Last edited:
So this is just a bling mod? The fairings themselves aren't carbon? All you are doing is adding weight to your fairings, and making them so stiff that they will definitely shatter when you drop the bike?

Why not buy true carbon fairings?

I assume the expense would be significant, although not sure how it compares to this. And carbon fiber isn't very heavy frm what I know.

If the Resin impregnating process is done correctly then the fairings won't shatter if you drop the bike. If done correctly the fairings won't even scratch.
If the fairings are being clearcoated after all baking then yes the clear coat will scratch.

True Carbon Fiber (if the process is done proffesionally and correctly) would make great fairings.

My dad used to work for an Aerospace company and he wrapped a lead pipe with carbon fiber and molded/baked it around the pipe. He then slid the lead pipe out and proceeded to try and cause damage to the pipe...no matter what he tried he couldn't put a knick in it.

The resin should provide good protection. The problem is some aftermarket companies don't do the process justice.

If the Resin impregnating process is done correctly then the fairings won't shatter if you drop the bike. If done correctly the fairings won't even scratch.
If the fairings are being clearcoated after all baking then yes the clear coat will scratch.

True Carbon Fiber (if the process is done proffesionally and correctly) would make great fairings.

My dad used to work for an Aerospace company and he wrapped a lead pipe with carbon fiber and molded/baked it around the pipe. He then slid the lead pipe out and proceeded to try and cause damage to the pipe...no matter what he tried he couldn't put a knick in it.

The resin should provide good protection. The problem is some aftermarket companies don't do the process justice.

yeah its actually really strong stuff. shattering is totally not going to happen. i use to actually get bill from carbon-effects to use the carbon and kevlar on my track fairings on the inner parts just to reinforce the bolt holes and some impact prone areas. let me tell you for anyone who seen me highside to hell last season my fairins just scuffed (nothing broken), and the carbon i had laid inside my gas tank cover, the fiber glass was all shredded down but the carbon held up, so the ashpalt didnt make it to the gas tank under the cover.

and for omnivore true carbon fairings are about $3500. they are about .3mm/.5mm layers of carbon, and cheaper grade clear/gel coat. carbon effects is about 1.5mm of carbon fiber, 3-4 coats of resin, wet sanded, clear coated, wet sanded and then buffed. and costed under $1000 for a complete bike, done locally, not in china or another cheaper labour country. and if i were to pull a bone head move and drop the bike and scuff it up, im sure he would be able to fix her on up, rather then me having to replace a part to have it looking pretty again :)

it'd be nice to do my lowers by them since they're black already

Is this Hydro Carbon dipping? Now I dont have to ship my parts to the states!

Back
Top Bottom