Car Tires heads up interesting fee. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car Tires heads up interesting fee.

sburns

Hey riders.

Not motorcycle related but I thought you might find this interesting.

I had to purchase new all seasons, I bought directly from my local Toyota dealer as they were matching prices.

I noticed this charge when I got home labelled Govt Levy?? Did a little research and found out there use to be a ECO tire disposal tax but this ended in 2018. The government got caught with it's hands in the cookie jar and was using the funds to pay for trips and expenses instead of it's intended purposes. Resulting in scrapping this tax and replacing it with a new policy. (I seriously need to work for the gov one day)... Since it really isn't a consumer tax you shouldn't be charged as such. So I challenged Toyota on this and they eventually just reimbursed me the money. I say that because they couldn't explain what the charge was for.

I know we are only talking about $16 here but It's a nice easy way for vendors to disguise what appears to be a gov fee as a mark up.

Doesn’t surprise me some are still charging it.

Just padding the margins a little

Most just changed the description as a recycling or disposal fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you buy tires in Niagara Falls if you have to pay the NFIF or TIF, "improvement fees" tacked on at whim with no paper trail. Thanks Kathy.

I'm not sure if you buy tires in Niagara Falls if you have to pay the NFIF or TIF, "improvement fees" tacked on at whim with no paper trail. Thanks Kathy.

I thought the tourism fee was unenforceable?

Hey riders.

Not motorcycle related but I thought you might find this interesting.

I had to purchase new all seasons, I bought directly from my local Toyota dealer as they were matching prices.

I noticed this charge when I got home labelled Govt Levy?? Did a little research and found out there use to be a ECO tire disposal tax but this ended in 2018. The government got caught with it's hands in the cookie jar and was using the funds to pay for trips and expenses instead of it's intended purposes. Resulting in scrapping this tax and replacing it with a new policy. (I seriously need to work for the gov one day)... Since it really isn't a consumer tax you shouldn't be charged as such. So I challenged Toyota on this and they eventually just reimbursed me the money. I say that because they couldn't explain what the charge was for.

I know we are only talking about $16 here but It's a nice easy way for vendors to disguise what appears to be a gov fee as a mark up.

In defense of the Toyota dealer, he is still being charged the $4 per tire by the manufacture when purchasing the tires.

Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee - Page 2 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I thought the tourism fee was unenforceable?

The last thing I saw on it was vague. Some places were insisting but others would remove it if asked. Some never charged it in the first place. The worst part is it wasn't tracked so you never knew if the business just pocketed it. Another Liberal idea.

In short, always check your bill.

I'm always in Stamford Centre when I' m there so I've never dealt with it. I was surprised about the tires. Which shop is pulling that scam?

Costco showing it too...
Tire Levy 1 $4.00 $16.00
¹ Pirelli is responsible for imposing this tire levy. It is being used to cover the cost of collecting and recycling the tires you are buying when those tires reach their end of life and are returned by you.
Tire installation and tire levy fees associated with this item are based on the delivery address.

Back
Top Bottom