Car Insurance Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

Car Insurance Question

Delboy

Mods, feel free to delete if it’s off topic

My in-laws have their car insurance through the Royal Bank which I guess is Aviva. They have a little Honda CRV and when they got their renewal it had gone from $1400 for both of them to $3600. No changes, no accidents, no tickets and they are an older couple. I just thought it was “excessive”. IMHO the Royal just don’t want the business.

Anyone had a good experience with a company or broker for their car insurance?

Thanks

Mods, feel free to delete if it’s off topic

My in-laws have their car insurance through the Royal Bank which I guess is Aviva. They have a little Honda CRV and when they got their renewal it had gone from $1400 for both of them to $3600. No changes, no accidents, no tickets and they are an older couple. I just thought it was “excessive”. IMHO the Royal just don’t want the business.

Thanks
That is unusual. I just bought my parents a Mazda CX5 AWD, they are paying $1400/year through TD for $2M and the GT package (accident forgiveness, car rental etc). They are in their late 70's, they car gets less than 20K a year, they have good driving records.

Aviva has different rates than Royal, might be worth a call to a broker, TD or DesJardins.

That is unusual. I just bought my parents a Mazda CX5 AWD, they are paying $1400/year through TD for $2M and the GT package (accident forgiveness, car rental etc). They are in their late 70's, they car gets less than 20K a year, they have good driving records.

Aviva has different rates than Royal, might be worth a call to a broker, TD or DesJardins.

That is still really expensive for someone with extensive insurance history, wow

Nope Never, they all suck money out of you equally well and should be trusted about as far as you can throw them,

Did they call and ask WHY?

I had a massive error on my insurance record 10 years or so back that caused something similar to happen to me. Turned out someone who had been in a minor (not my fault) fender bender with me a year or so prior had subsequently misrepresented things with their own insurance company and then it spilled over to my insurance company as not only an at-fault, but as a "Failed to report".

Thankfully I'm a big believer in CYA so I had a paper and email trail a mile long that remedied things in short order and my rates actually dropped instead of doubling at the renewal.

to be honest you have a bad broker or agent. Give me a call And I can save you money as long as your not a high risk driver.
I had to deal with the insurance company of the guy who hit me so it wasn't even my company or agent
and let me tell you it was a very very bad insurance company experience.
Other guy was 100% at fault, not that it matters once you have been turned into a hood ornament. <- DO NOT CLICK ON THAT I didn't put it there!

Last edited:
Am currently in "conversation" with M&W (after having spoken to others) and they seem to be a notch up.
Hint: get your Autoplus report from CGI before talking to brokers/Ins Cos and you will be armed with knowledge that they pretty much refer to.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

Back
Top Bottom