Can't park at my building, need help looking for house indoor private garage parking spot | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can't park at my building, need help looking for house indoor private garage parking spot

If I lived in a condo in toronto, I'd probably rent storage in some rural area near orillia or peterborough or something, then drive to it when I wanted to ride, since all my rides would be north or east. Probably much cheaper. How much does a storage big enough to fit a bike cost these days?
I have found that if I have something stored far away, the odds of me using it are almost zero. That may not apply to everybody.

Few options:

1. Sell bike and pause riding until you live in a place you can safely store bike.
2. Park in Condo and take the risk. Find out condo's policy on parking of motorcycle etc.
3. Find 24/7 storage unit that meet you price, size and travel distance criteria.

I would not recommend parking on strangers property unless fully confident that you understand the risks and have a clear and concise agreement.

If I lived in a condo in toronto, I'd probably rent storage in some rural area near orillia or peterborough or something, then drive to it when I wanted to ride, since all my rides would be north or east. Probably much cheaper. How much does a storage big enough to fit a bike cost these days?

I live in a house and was considering storing my bike somewhere in the area I usually ride. It takes me over an hour to get there anyways, and I could avoid droning on the highway or dealing with traffic or unexpected rain on the way there/back. It's no different than storing your boat at the marina.

I can fit 3 bikes comfortably @$320/month

OP seems to have vaporized or is just lurking ?
OP just posted this on Saturday, so most likely busy with work, school or hunting down a storage spot....

Wait. I've been looking to move to a condo from my current place with garage parking. You're telling me underground condo spaces aren't safe? WTAF!! 😭

I had storage for a while, when I went through my phase and didnt want to tell the wife I bought 5 new bikes in 1 year, I think for a smaller space it was like 200? bigger one was more expensive.

ADV bikes take up more room so you'll need a bigger space, but smaller unit, you can probably fit 2 'normal sized' bikes easily.

Good way to gauge storage facility quality is if they maintain facilities(grass is cut, driveways are well paved) and they have staff on site.

We need a GTAM clubhouse (ironically outside of the GTA where real estate is cheap(er) and closer to actual riding areas) where we can all store and work on our bikes year-round.
+1

I have found that if I have something stored far away, the odds of me using it are almost zero. That may not apply to everybody.
I guess it would depend on where you use that particular thing. If it's something you use at home, then of course you're unlikely to drive to the storage locker, pick it up, and bring it back home to use. But if you're going that way anyway, for example to ride north/east of the city, then it seems logical to me to store your bike in an area you'll be passing through anyways.

Of course I am making the assumption that OP does all his riding north/east of the GTA like I do, which may not be the case with him, maybe he likes riding in his own neighborhood or to the US.

Wait. I've been looking to move to a condo from my current place with garage parking. You're telling me underground condo spaces aren't safe? WTAF!! 😭

It's been this way for 20 years. Maybe longer, but that's as far as I go back.
Look up "stolen" on gtam.

Few of my friends got their bikes stolen from condos over the past 10 years. Only one of them still live in a condo and he just locks up his bike with a good chain tied to the pipe that's around his parking spot. Haven't been touched in 5 years, and it's a SS. Might be something you want to consider. If you don't have any anchor point for the chain, consider this:

I did it when I lived in a condo 10 years ago and no I didn't ask for permission first. Just started blasting (my concrete driller). I'm sure the holes are still there.
yeah was gonna do this until someone i know who does this had their ss stolen. had a thick chain, with anchor into the ground, and noise alarm on his bike. was stolen, this was in a condo.

Back
Top Bottom