cant find any legit info on parking in toronto anywhere | GTAMotorcycle.com

cant find any legit info on parking in toronto anywhere

Hummus

anyone know of any updated info on motorcycle parking? can we still park for free on street (in designated parking areas) sidewalk next to a bike stand legal? not legal.. any info would be great. thank you

Legal to park without paying on street city paid parking areas only.

City paid parking lots, private lots and sidewalks is illegal.

Legal to park without paying on street city paid parking areas only.

City paid parking lots, private lots and sidewalks is illegal.
by city paid parking lots, do you mean the green p lots? we cant park in those legally?(paying of course in these)

thank you for the info

by city paid parking lots, do you mean the green p lots? we cant park in those legally?(paying of course in these)

thank you for the info
Legally sure, I meant for free.

Yes green P

My Rule(s) of thumb; if a car can park there and it doesn't have a sign saying "no motorcycles(*)" then a bike can park in the same spot (possibly paid). If the above applies and is a Toronto street curb, then it is likely free.
You really just need to read the bazillion signs on every post, but I imagine that's the case with car parking too.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I remember those days when you could park a motorcycle anywhere in Toronto that you were out of the way of pedestrian and vehicle traffic,
:/ that era ended about 30 or 40 years ago.

Hmm..where do you attach the parking ticket if you get one for a motorcycle?
Not like it has a windshield wiper, lol.

That was the original reasoning behind free motorcycle parking. People used to slide the slip between the seat and tank and then some knob would steal the slip and use it for their vehicle. As more parking becomes license plate based payment, I suspect motorcycles will shortly be treated the same as normal vehicles (with the possible exception of cheaper parking if they install a high-density motorcycle spot that fits multiple bikes in the space that would be occupied by one cage).

They stuff it between the saddle and the fuel tank,
if it blows away, you get 2 charges, you get the second one for not paying the first one.

Got one yeeeaarrssss ago
Actually ended up with 2 as the first one flew away
They tried to wedge it in between the seat and the tank. Obviously the first one didn’t hold.
I ended up paying just one. And the other was just null and void.

Got one yeeeaarrssss ago
Actually ended up with 2 as the first one flew away
They tried to wedge it in between the seat and the tank. Obviously the first one didn’t hold.
I ended up paying just one. And the other was just null and void.
IIRC modern tickets are sticky so they blow away less.

A friend parked his cage in a public parking lot in the hammer years ago (near Hess St). He was going to pay for parking but a Rummy said that he would take the money and if the meter maid showed up, he would buy the pass, otherwise the money was his to keep. My friend having some faith in humanity took the deal. He came back to his car later and no Rummy and no ticket, all good. Tries to renew his license and found he had an unpaid ticket. The Rummy had removed the ticket from the car after the meter maid left.

Only if humanity was this honest we wouldn't have the problems in the world that we do.

Got a parking ticket in Toronto a few years back. They used a rubber band to hold the ticket onto the throttle, if it goes missing, you'll get one in the mail.

Some people have faith in humanity, a friend who owns a Lamborghini now, was fueling up and when done, realized he left his wallet at home. He went to a homeless person next to the entrance, asked him for some money and promised him $50 interest the next day. The homeless guy took a leap of faith, gave my buddy all his money, next day he got the $50 extra

Back
Top Bottom