Cannonball Adventure Rides? First ADV Set to Go! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cannonball Adventure Rides? First ADV Set to Go!

CannonballRides

Hello, I have put together a series of Cannonball ADV rides which will include paved, fire road and yes off road for those that dare to take on the challenge. Cannonball Rides is winding up its season long challenges on the paved side but this is for those folks that wish to get off the road and into some serious riding , if that is of course your thing? All of the details are listed in the link below - Never ride alone on one of these Cannonball ADV Rides!

Rides are FREE as always, Snowmobile and ATV are in the works now.

Cannonball Rides™ - Canada's Premier Motorcycle Rides and Automotive Rallies

I've followed your rides over the years, but I've always wondered.....why are they all in miles?

Even the Iron Butt Association has metric/Canada KM specific rides for Canadians (and elsewhere around the world) aside from their usuals like the SS series.

If I'm not mistaken, Cannonballrides is a Canadian deal...so again, why miles?

Good question and one that gets asked by many - "why miles? " - well the answer is simple - the crests are 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000, etc. Imagine offering a crest that offered a converted version - it would translate to - 400, 800, 1600, 4000, 8000, 16000, now lets compound that with the new rides, 100, 175, etc. they would end up being 160, 280 etc. Imperial versus metric rounded out better for my long term vision. It also had a certain swagger to it , always reminding me of my first Indy 500 I went to. The plan long term is to push the rides past our borders and around the globe, something in development for next year.

....why not just make the rides 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000 & 10,000 kilometers instead. Or 500KM, 1000, 1500, 2000, 4000, 8000.....etc.

The routes seem to be rather arbitrarily laid out to make them fit miles requirements. Surely it can't be that hard to adjust them to fit kilometer equivalents.

The USA is one of only a few holdouts in the world still not using the metric system. We moved to the metric system in the 70's. Sorry, but this is a Canadian Series, I'm just not grasping why it's in miles.

I've explained countless times to fellow Canadian that the "Saddlesore 1000" Iron Butt I did "is actually 1620KM". But I understand why IBA is in miles as they're an American outfit.

Anyhow, I'm not going to rant about it anymore, but I'll hold on my opinion that it should be in KM. ;)

Back
Top Bottom