Canada and MX Des Nations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada and MX Des Nations

Yawn. In all my years of riding, I can't think of a single thing the CMA/MCC has done for road riders.

The sad thing is that 4 Canadian kids that would have had the opportunity to compete in a field of the best have been denied that opportunity. What an experience that would have been for them.

Last edited:
Who is Carl Bastedo?
Marilyn Bastedo is queen of the CMA.

CMA has nothing to do with street riding.

Carl is her brother - between them they have run the CMA as a dictatorship for decades.
Not quite but close. Carl is her ex brother in law.

Carl is a long time Canadian mx guy. Owned Motopark forever, been team manager at some point and I believe is in the Canadian motorcycle hall of fame.

He obviously does have some affiliation with the CMA but not as close as some people think. I don’t think that affiliation does him any favors...

CMA and Marilyn are just out to lunch and not all that relevant today. They do have the FIM on their side though which is too bad.

Apparently they are upset with us not have a Trials National event in the east this year :/ oh my, you just can't make everybody happy,
especially the people that aren't even riding in the events. Good thing the riders are all still happy (y) just as long as they are riding.

Nothing like a good public pissing match! These guys must be hang with the people who run figure skating!

Maybe we should put one on a CB500x and the other on a DL650, give them a course and they can sort out all the motorcycle disputes mano-a-mano.

Back
Top Bottom