Can I get my M1 while waiting for a court-date? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can I get my M1 while waiting for a court-date?

Are you telling me that you can't have just an "M" licence? It can't be separate from the "G"? What if I don't care for vehicles at all and don't want to ever own one? I just want ride motorcycles?
You can have just M. His point was that if you had GM and got suspended, you have neither. You dont just lose the class you were being dumb with.

Are you telling me that you can't have just an "M" licence? It can't be separate from the "G"? What if I don't care for vehicles at all and don't want to ever own one? I just want ride motorcycles?
You can have just M. His point was that if you had GM and got suspended, you have neither. You dont just lose the class you were being dumb with.

^^^ This.

Your "licence" is the number printed on the card. Your endorsements and licence classes just go on that numbered card.

When you lose your licence, you lose EVERYTHING that's on it including all classes and endorsements.

When you get suspended the entire card disappears along with everything on it. You can't add an additional class or endorsement to a licence you no longer hold. I have a ACM class licence with a Z endorsement. If I was to drive my work truck 50kph over the speed limit one day and they took my licence away I can't just go home and drive my G class car or my M class motorcycle....I don't have a licence anymore. At all.

^^^ This.

Your "licence" is the number printed on the card. Your endorsements and licence classes just go on that numbered card.

When you lose your licence, you lose EVERYTHING that's on it including all classes and endorsements.

When you get suspended the entire card disappears along with everything on it. You can't add an additional class or endorsement to a licence you no longer hold. I have a ACM class licence with a Z endorsement. If I was to drive my work truck 50kph over the speed limit one day and they took my licence away I can't just go home and drive my G class car or my M class motorcycle....I don't have a licence anymore. At all.

Agreed. You have only one license, but can have various endorsements that show which class of vehicles you are permitted to operate on public roads.

And guys, do I have to crack down on the moderation again and start slapping people down for badgering or completely unhelpful posts? I've tried not to for quite a while now but if I have to, I won't hesitate.

OP was May 2 and I assume he has his impounded vehicle back and his wallet has been seriously lightened. 60 over in a 50 sounds worse than 60 over where the norm is 120. Unless the OP has deep pockets I envision another ebike on the road come insurance time.

no what they were saying, is that the OP can't get an M1, licence while he is under suspension of his current G licence. You only have ONE licence, with potentially several classes, A,Z, G, M. So once your licence is suspended it covers ALL the classes you have or want to get

You can't just have an M.
Once you get your M, you automatically get a G1.
From the MTO:

Class M

Allowed to drive any motorcycles, including motor tricycles, limited-speed motorcycles (motor scooters) and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds). Holders may also drive a Class G vehicle under the conditions that apply to a Class G1 licence holder.

Class M2

Level Two of graduated licensing for motorcycles, including motor tricycles, limited-speed motorcycles (motor scooters) and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds). Holders may drive a motorcycle but only with a zero blood alcohol level. Holders may also drive a Class G vehicle under the conditions that apply to a Class G1 licence holder.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

From the MTO:

Class M

Allowed to drive any motorcycles, including motor tricycles, limited-speed motorcycles (motor scooters) and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds). Holders may also drive a Class G vehicle under the conditions that apply to a Class G1 licence holder.

Class M2

Level Two of graduated licensing for motorcycles, including motor tricycles, limited-speed motorcycles (motor scooters) and motor-assisted bicycles (mopeds). Holders may drive a motorcycle but only with a zero blood alcohol level. Holders may also drive a Class G vehicle under the conditions that apply to a Class G1 licence holder.

I'm not sure if it shows up on your license as G1M2, or G1M if you've never done the g1 test; or it just shows an M on your license and is acceptable to drive as a G1 driver.

I'd heard if this, but never seen it.

Same as there used to be a loophole where you gould get an LSM, then have no waiting period to do the m2 test, then no waiting period to go straight to an M.

Another tidbit. Drunk driving: If there is an "i" for interlock on the license, it can't be upgraded to a different class. Eg. Can't get an interlock on a bike... had a guy on course once that tried to get his bike license to get around his restrictions...

I'm not sure if it shows up on your license as G1M2, or G1M if you've never done the g1 test; or it just shows an M on your license and is acceptable to drive as a G1 driver.

I'd heard if this, but never seen it.

Same as there used to be a loophole where you gould get an LSM, then have no waiting period to do the m2 test, then no waiting period to go straight to an M.

Another tidbit. Drunk driving: If there is an "i" for interlock on the license, it can't be upgraded to a different class. Eg. Can't get an interlock on a bike... had a guy on course once that tried to get his bike license to get around his restrictions...

I got the "G" and I got the "M". My licence has the letters "GM" on it. I think what they are saying here is true, you can't just have the "M" licence, but you know what? That's great! It means that when you get your "M" they will give you the G1 for free as a "bonus"!

There's another kind of licence which Cam Am and 3-wheel trikes riders have, it's not an "M" its something else but they can't ride 2-wheel motorcycles.

There's another kind of licence which Cam Am and 3-wheel trikes riders have, it's not an "M" its something else but they can't ride 2-wheel motorcycles.

It's an "M-M" designation. Motorcycle-Modified. Can only ride 3 wheeled bikes.

What's the moped licence called? Or now you have to have an "M" to ride a gasoline moped?

From the MTO:

Class M

Class M2

Negative. You don't actually get a G1. You may operate a Class G vehicle with the same conditions as a G1 license, when you have an M. Class M includes the same priviledges as a G1. Nit picking, perhaps, but truth.

Back
Top Bottom