Can I get my M1 while waiting for a court-date? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can I get my M1 while waiting for a court-date?

Hallo everyone, I have a question about getting my M1. I have my G license which is now suspended because of driving 110 in 50 km zone and am now waiting on the court date according to my para legal it shouldn’t be a problem for me to obtain my M license..? Anyone any ideas experience with this ? Please advise! Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I would say no you aren't eligible.

Best to call Svc On on Monday ask ask the experts directly.

I do have a temporary license now from the ministry of transportation after a week no car and no license so I can drive the car to my work and waiting for my court date... But what is Svc?

I do have a temporary license now from the ministry of transportation after a week no car and no license so I can drive the car to my work and waiting for my court date... But what is Svc?

Sorry.
Service Ontario

Drivetest centres are all closed across the province so you can't write a M1 test even if you wanted to.

In addition, your licence is suspended so you can't try to add another class to a licence which you don't even hold.

So, in short, no.

Unless there is a really good reason why you think this ticket will completely disappear (and advice of your paralegal doesn't count), I would not bother with a bike license. M1 is only good for 90 days, then you need to get M2 (or expire). Insurance hates new riders (and new for them is years of riding with no break). When you get convicted of stunt driving (which is highly likely as they don't look kindly on extreme speeding in a community), your bike insurance will probably be over $1000 a month.

^ I concur.

Now c'mon you guys are being entirely too hard on this poor soul. He was only stunt driving, not like he did anything real bad. I think he should get out and buy that shiny new 1000 cc supersport. Now that he has giotten ack his G and is now the proud owner of a shiny new M1, to go along with it. I am sure it was a simple case of the officer going too far when he laid the charge, and surely his top notch paralegal, will plead it down to a mere 29 over, once the crown and officer realize what an injustice that has been done here...lmao

110 in 50 km zone on a learner permit :whistle: That has to be a new record.
Best work on the story you are going to give the magistrate.

OP said his G license was suspended, no mention that it was a learner permit.
Not that I’m defending the behaviour, just providing accurate information.
Good catch, I wonder how far the cop paced him.

Had to google it just to know what the fine is:
6 points
7 day licence suspension
7 day vehicle impound
One year licence suspension
Maximum fine $10,000
Jail up to 6 months
100% Insurance increase

ouch.

Last edited:
Stunt driving has 2 components, martial law and a trial by judge.

The martial law part is immediate and includes a 1 week licence suspension & vehicle impoundment. There is no trial, the arresting officer does the judgement and sentence. You can get your licence back without restrictions after serving the week-long roadside suspension, and paying the licence reinstatement fee. Then you would be free to pursue other licences.

Next comes a trial by judge. This is likely to take a year before you see trial (at least that's what it took for a couple of my buddies). If you get a suspension at trial, all your classes of licence get suspended.

Both my friends were first time offenders with excellent driving records and caught on open sections of the 407. They plead down to speeding 49kmh before trial. I don't think that will be as easy for someone going 60 over on a city street.

Drivetest centres are all closed across the province so you can't write a M1 test even if you wanted to.

In addition, your licence is suspended so you can't try to add another class to a licence which you don't even hold.

So, in short, no.

Are you telling me that you can't have just an "M" licence? It can't be separate from the "G"? What if I don't care for vehicles at all and don't want to ever own one? I just want ride motorcycles?

Back
Top Bottom