Bylaw green ticket !!!!!! Need help !!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bylaw green ticket !!!!!! Need help !!!

TIBURON

Hi guys I was coming eastbound on King st, and turned right on Bay st and the cops were just standing there waiting for me, I had the green light and there was a lot of traffic and pedestrians at the time, so I looked at the sign and all I saw was no to turn right on red light, so it was green so I proceed.
The cop told me that he was going to give me a break so he just gave me a bylaw green ticket for 18.75 dollars and he said that it wont show on my driving abstract or that it wont affect my insurance or any demerit points.
I've been researching and now I am all confused, I am applying to a job where I require to have no points, and now I am freaking out!!
Please advise!!!!!!

cause I read that no matter what the cop said, its a Highway Traffic Act Violation! so I am not sure anymore !

....What exactly did he give you a ticket for? What's listed? You said you turned right on the green light, where the restriction was on red lights.

If the bylaw was "No right turn on red", but the light was green, then what was the violation?

Once again. The cop cut you a break and gave you a bylaw ticket. This is like a parking ticket, does not go on your abstract and insurance doesn't see it. Just pay the $25 and be done with it. The ticket should have a bylaw number.

The cops are there to bust people in the diamond lanes.

Hi guys I was coming eastbound on King st, and turned right on Bay st and the cops were just standing there waiting for me, I had the green light and there was a lot of traffic and pedestrians at the time, so I looked at the sign and all I saw was no to turn right on red light, so it was green so I proceed.
The cop told me that he was going to give me a break so he just gave me a bylaw green ticket for 18.75 dollars and he said that it wont show on my driving abstract or that it wont affect my insurance or any demerit points.
I've been researching and now I am all confused, I am applying to a job where I require to have no points, and now I am freaking out!!
Please advise!!!!!!

No right turn, from King east to Bay south, from 4:00pm to 6:00pm, Monday to Friday. In this case a bylaw ticket is a gift from above.

http://goo.gl/maps/Tvkm

Gift from above? So that means I won't get points?? Should I just pay it? It's only 18.75!

Gift from above? So that means I won't get points?? Should I just pay it? It's only 18.75!

You might have to take out a loan to pay that one off man ;)

Yep, just pay it. I'm not sure how you'd fight it. No turns during that time. You turned. Case closed lol

no need to freak out.
its not highway traffic act, HTA is provincial. By-law tickets are provincial. like said its like a parking ticket, does not go on record. people get confused with this fact all the time as there are technically bylaw points but they are different from drivers licence points on yur abstract.
all tickets are now green, the options on the back of the ticket have changed...

Exactly. Fighting it is possible, but a losing proposition since it would cost you far more to do so than you would save. And yes, no points.

municipal by-law tickets associated with prohibited turns have demerit points associated with them

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_940339_e.htm

29Section 143 and subsection 144 (9) of the Highway Traffic Act and any municipal by-law prohibiting turns
2 Demerit Points​
Prohibited turns

<tbody>
</tbody>

I've said it before. The province and the City of Toronto couldn't come to an agreement over sharing the revenue so Toronto kept all the revenue and doesn't report the offence to the province.

I got tagged with a by-law turn ticket two years ago on the bike and the cop was nice to write up the by-law offence. I paid the $18.75 and there was nothing on my abstract.

Last edited:
edit: it is possible we're at the whims of city staffers, and they may or may not report it to the MTO

however, there is still a chance demerit points could applied to your DL upon conviction

Last edited:
edit: it is possible we're at the whims of city staffers, and they may or may not report it to the MTO

however, there is still a chance demerit points could applied to your DL upon conviction

This is only an issue if you have many points already. If your record is clean it's not an issue.

It's 2 points.......a little over a year ago you were able to get away with out points since then the MTO has been able to fixed the error. Has nothing to do with revenue....

Back
Top Bottom