Buying tires from Bike Bandit in the States? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying tires from Bike Bandit in the States?

ViperZ

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Has anybody bought tires from them before? Their current price on Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa tires is much better than Petes. 120+180 shipped is 271 with taxes in. Note from their site: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]International orders will be shipped by UPS. All duties, taxes and brokerage fees are included in the order total.
Pete's set is 346 after shipping and taxes.

Thanks!
[/FONT]

The note on their site says that the taxes are also included. I bought a few items from the States before that were shipped UPS EXPRESS (not Ground) and never had to pay extra $$ on top of what UPS charged.

^ Caboose, I think what the OP is refering to is the same thing Tire Rack does for Canadian clients, they quote you a checkout price which includes all UPS duties and taxes that would be collected (hurray for SAP and Integrated logistics), so that way you can decide who is cheaper. When the tyres show up at your door, there are no fees that way.

I've purchased plenty of stuff from Bike Bandit, including tires, but I just had it shipped to my parents in Arizona. They drop it off on their way North in May. Tires are almost half the price of the local shops with some of the sales. I'm looking to get a couple rears for my bikes over the winter since I won't need them till the summer.

Maybe I'm jaded, but everytime I see 'UPS', I cringe.

I totally agree there, but it only applies to UPS ground, same for fedex ground. Express is the other story. I just want to see if someone bought from them previously before I'll pull the plug to replace my "tomahawk" tires.

ive never paid brokerage fees with ups but i sure have with fed ex and purolator. I insist on using ups for that reason.

Looks like a great deal, buy em up!!!

To everyone else, they DO include ALL taxes (HST) and ALL brokerage and duty fees in your checkout price, you owe nothing extra when UPS shows up at your door :D

-Jamie M.

WOE there big fella. You're going to pay how much for shipping? Try KINEK. I've been using them all this year and no problems. Here's the deal with them; you place your order with BikeBandit, your shipping address is somewhere in the US, your billing is where ever your CC info is. You decide where the closest location to you is on Kinek's website when you open a free account, I use the UPS store of Lewiston which is 793 Centre St. BB charges $8.95 to ship there. Let me say that again, $8.95 for shipping!! You drive down, pay $10 at the UPS store for their wonderful service, grab your items and head back home. I always declare at the crossing, half the time they tell me to have a nice day and I keep driving. Worst case scenario, you'll have to pay taxes on $120.

I mean if you got a way to get down there, even on your bike with some tie downs, it's worth the savings imho. And I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, although I should be. It's an easy way to save a lot of cash for those of us that buy in the US. Your way = $271, my way = $139-$155 depending on if you get dinged taxes, I suppose you should also include your time and gas, but then again if you fill up while there, that should also save you some $.

@gcrouse - I've been charged brokerage fees with UPS 100% of the time ordering outside of Canada, no one else has ever done this. If you do a search on this you'll find lots of folks saying the same, UPS is horrible for this. This is why I no longer do business with anyone that uses UPS exclusively for their shipping, unless of course I end up using Kinek.

Last edited:
usaddressinc.com charges $5 per tire and is just over the lewiston bridge. then get them mounted in the states for traded

WOE there big fella. You're going to pay how much for shipping? Try KINEK. I've been using them all this year and no problems. Here's the deal with them; you place your order with BikeBandit, your shipping address is somewhere in the US, your billing is where ever your CC info is. You decide where the closest location to you is on Kinek's website when you open a free account, I use the UPS store of Lewiston which is 793 Centre St. BB charges $8.95 to ship there. Let me say that again, $8.95 for shipping!! You drive down, pay $10 at the UPS store for their wonderful service, grab your items and head back home. I always declare at the crossing, half the time they tell me to have a nice day and I keep driving. Worst case scenario, you'll have to pay taxes on $120.

I mean if you got a way to get down there, even on your bike with some tie downs, it's worth the savings imho. And I'm not affiliated with these guys in any way, although I should be. It's an easy way to save a lot of cash for those of us that buy in the US. Your way = $271, my way = $139-$155 depending on if you get dinged taxes, I suppose you should also include your time and gas, but then again if you fill up while there, that should also save you some $.

@gcrouse - I've been charged brokerage fees with UPS 100% of the time ordering outside of Canada, no one else has ever done this. If you do a search on this you'll find lots of folks saying the same, UPS is horrible for this. This is why I no longer do business with anyone that uses UPS exclusively for their shipping, unless of course I end up using Kinek.

BikeBandit used to ship FedEx Expidited. You were charged all taxes on checkout. FedEx does the brokerage of the package themselves, and will charge BikeBandit the taxes. The package arrives at your door usually the day after it ships from California. The cost initially was a flat rate of $20 plus the sales taxes on your order, that was raised to $25 a few years ago. They would not ship tires.
They switched to USPS/CanPost a couple of years ago, and stopped charging the taxes. You paid at the door, but, brokerage was usually $8.
Now they have made a deal with UPS. If you ship UPS Express, then there is no bill at the door, and no bill in the mail later. From their website.. "International orders will be shipped by UPS. All duties, taxes and brokerage fees are included in the order total." They charge a flat rate of 27.95 apparently. Seems like they have gone back to the old days of great shipping costs.

BikeBandit used to ship FedEx Expidited. You were charged all taxes on checkout. FedEx does the brokerage of the package themselves, and will charge BikeBandit the taxes. The package arrives at your door usually the day after it ships from California. The cost initially was a flat rate of $20 plus the sales taxes on your order, that was raised to $25 a few years ago. They would not ship tires.
They switched to USPS/CanPost a couple of years ago, and stopped charging the taxes. You paid at the door, but, brokerage was usually $8.
Now they have made a deal with UPS. If you ship UPS Express, then there is no bill at the door, and no bill in the mail later. From their website.. "International orders will be shipped by UPS. All duties, taxes and brokerage fees are included in the order total." They charge a flat rate of 27.95 apparently. Seems like they have gone back to the old days of great shipping costs.

$38 to ship two tires, plus taxes.

Looks like a great deal, buy em up!!!

To everyone else, they DO include ALL taxes (HST) and ALL brokerage and duty fees in your checkout price, you owe nothing extra when UPS shows up at your door :D

-Jamie M.

Wow, so that's with the ups express service?? Wow. Awesome thanks for the heads up

Last edited:
Wow, so that's with the ups express service?? Wow. Awesome thanks for the heads up
UPS Express charges NO brokerage fee's, so sometimes that's the best option if your in a hurry, for only a tiny bit extra (when you factor in the brokerage fee's if shipping standard vs the higher express shipping charge).

Even if you ship UPS standard/ground, ALL of the fee's, brokerage, taxes, duty, etc. are included in your final check out price with bike bandit.

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom