buying the first bike - dealers question/experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

buying the first bike - dealers question/experience

ayahsoo

in the market for a new cycle.
idealy a Suzuki Boulevard S50 (or S40) .

Sat on a few sport bikes to be sure I wanted a cruiser, then a few cruisers to be sure I wanted a cruiser.

Reason for the S50 is price, reviews and I like the exhaust on both sides (as oppose to stacked)

Looking for advice on dealerships. Call suzuki of new market to inquire about a bike and the gentleman was quite aggressive, almost to the point of insulting my intelligence. I ask about the bike, and he's already talking paperworks.. ??
Another dealer I checked out, sat on a bike, asked about test ride, he says the bike cannot be test ridden.. Something about no batteries in??

Looking for advise on buying. What to expect, what to ask, who to go to.

Thanks
A

in the market for a new cycle.
idealy a Suzuki Boulevard S50 (or S40) .

Sat on a few sport bikes to be sure I wanted a cruiser, then a few cruisers to be sure I wanted a cruiser.

Reason for the S50 is price, reviews and I like the exhaust on both sides (as oppose to stacked)

Looking for advice on dealerships. Call suzuki of new market to inquire about a bike and the gentleman was quite aggressive, almost to the point of insulting my intelligence. I ask about the bike, and he's already talking paperworks.. ??
Another dealer I checked out, sat on a bike, asked about test ride, he says the bike cannot be test ridden.. Something about no batteries in??

Looking for advise on buying. What to expect, what to ask, who to go to.

Thanks
A

Personally I would stay away from SON.
As many here have recommended their prices might not be so bad.
However, they have started on the wrong foot with you.
Would you like to give them your hard earned money?
Look at other Suzuki stealerships.
With regards to a test ride, they will not allow test rides, either new or used.
Depending at your experience the only way to check a bike out is to watch for "Demo rides" at stealerships.
Hope this helps somewhat.

If you want a cheap, reliable cruiser - look into the Vulcan 500.
More power than CC indicates because the motor derives from the Ninja 500.
Low insurance, fairly nimble.
Discontinued bike but people still find them brand new, here and there for amazing prices.
Single pipes on both sides.

Finally got a ride this weekend.
Its a 2007 Suzuki M50.
Plan to insure, license and purchase a (full face) helmet tomorrow .

Any advise/recommendation on insurance/insurance company and/or helmets?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom