Buying a track bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a track bike

man is it ever hard to find a track bike...there are so many over priced salvage's and all the good ones are sold in minutes.

I have cash in hand for a sv650 but jebuz they are hard to find...
I was looking for an sv as well, but didn't like what I saw. Ended up getting a 600.

ya its a tough time to buy...should be doing this at end of year or winter..way more options

and the SV from what i hear, you want one that has modded front end. Either gixxer front or properly done forks.

plus a rear shock and your off...

Maybe they don't like you.
It may be your breath.

Hmmm... guess the colgate isn't cutting it.... nah, I've tried for a bit and my buddies tried too but still nothing.

On another note, a website I've found for insurance write-offs is www.ridesafely.ca quite a funny name when you see some of the stuff on there, but some of the stuff isn't even branded, so really if it's just the plastics that are bad you could even fix those up and have a street bike and a track bike if you wanted.

Some of the stuff in the states are going for a good price too. I saw a 2010 848 go for 3000 and it only had 1200miles on it. The rear subframe plastics looked pooched but rest was still in good shape. Salvageable anyways.

You have to be ready to pull the trigger THAT DAY.

Other than that, it's just a lot of looking and being in the right place at the right time.

Hmmm... guess the colgate isn't cutting it.... nah, I've tried for a bit and my buddies tried too but still nothing.

On another note, a website I've found for insurance write-offs is www.ridesafely.ca quite a funny name when you see some of the stuff on there, but some of the stuff isn't even branded, so really if it's just the plastics that are bad you could even fix those up and have a street bike and a track bike if you wanted.

Some of the stuff in the states are going for a good price too. I saw a 2010 848 go for 3000 and it only had 1200miles on it. The rear subframe plastics looked pooched but rest was still in good shape. Salvageable anyways.

I don't really understand how that site is still allowed to operate. They are "pre selling" things that are at dealer auction sites.

I guess they take their high bid less say $1000 and thats their bid at the real auction. I wonder how many bikes/cars they get stuck with or people that bought they are ****** off when they take delivery to find a big hole in the engine, frame/wheels/etc bent that you don't see in the pics..

I don't really understand how that site is still allowed to operate. They are "pre selling" things that are at dealer auction sites.

I guess they take their high bid less say $1000 and thats their bid at the real auction. I wonder how many bikes/cars they get stuck with or people that bought they are ****** off when they take delivery to find a big hole in the engine, frame/wheels/etc bent that you don't see in the pics..

Yea the problem is they already have the charge on your credit card and most of the time you can't gain access to the auction since it's a dealer only auction.

It's a gamble, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom