Buying a new bike from US | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying a new bike from US

This is not an import issue, I am buying a used bike locally. Now the issue is that the seller never told me it was a USA bike, I only found this out because I said I could get the UVIP myself since I had to pick one up for my bike. And see it was registered last in New York.

The speedo is digital so everything shows in km/h when I saw it so thats why I never thought anything. Is there anything I should be weary of? Other than the seller is possibly dishonest not disclosing this to begin with?

The bike is a 2009 Ninja 650R.

resale value

and yes i know im gonna get jumped on by some for this but its true

btw it doesnt show that it was registered in ontario? if thats the case you might have a hell of a time doing so

i'd be worried about 2 things...if it was a Hurricane Sandy insurance writeoff

and if it was legally imported to canada/cleared for export by US Homeland Security

i'd be worried about 2 things...if it was a Hurricane Sandy insurance writeoff

and if it was legally imported to canada/cleared for export by US Homeland Security

Canada doesn't care about the US laws. However if it hasn't been cleared out of the USA you could have a problem if you wanted to sell it in the future to a US buyer. Also if you had any reason to get the S/N run in the USA it could raise problems. (Accident or theft)

Back
Top Bottom