Burnt river | GTAMotorcycle.com

Burnt river

junkers

hi
I am considering going there with my kids, but since it is almost 2 hours drive I have few questions:
- is it worth going there?
- is it busy/ lots of bikes, my kids are not advanced
- can I come with non-registered/non-plated bikes?

thank you for any information,

burnt river is my favorite track. the track is made of good dirt, not hard packed clay. no huge rocks. very fun track.

when ever i go its never too busy. the people who run the track are very friendly

you do not need insurance/plates for tracks

there are also alot of trails. last time i was there it was about 15km if i remember right.

Ya, just go. But don't to roll up the windows when you first drive in, the Deer flys are brutal. But once at the track you're ok.

Was there 2 years ago (I think it was 2 years ago) and it was good. Owners are super friendly.
Track itself isn't too intimidating to the novice guys but is good for the fast guys too.
If it's been raining a bit call ahead and ask as the lower section seems to get deep and muddy.

I'm actually headed out there tomorrow (Friday) to set up my rear shock since I just had it re-built.

Update on the track...
I never remembered the surface being so rock hard. It's like concrete with a fine layer of dirt/gravel on top. When the 4 wheelers have a hard time keeping speed up in the corners you know it's slick.

The bumps there are pretty square edge, but that was fine for me since I was there as a suspension test day but recreational riders may not appreciate it.

The track is easy to learn, and the jumps are all simple and easy, some of which I felt pretty safe scrubbing which is a technique I'm just beginning to get comfortable with.

If they got out and tilled/watered the track I'm sure it would be better, but at this point it's very similar to eagle's nest in the upkeep department.
I get spoiled with being able to ride some of the best tracks in Ontario and grew up with Gopher Dunes in my backyard so maybe I'm picky, but it works if you really really need to ride.

Back
Top Bottom