Buddy wants to start his own MC club. What could go wrong? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buddy wants to start his own MC club. What could go wrong?

I have a feeling that the conviction of those three bikers does not end this saga for that poor guy. He had no idea the hornets nest he was stirring up.

So a wannabe 1%er isn't as badass as he thought?

Too many guys saw Sons of Anarchy and thought they could just go out and start a patch club. You know, just a bunch of guys having beers and riding. Lotsa fun. But life isn't that simple. There are several examples of these "hobby" clubs getting shot up and beat up. Beware, there's a code that must be followed, and that code is designed to keep out imposters.

Aren't chapters/patches another way of defining territory? Setting up a chapter of an unrelated Montreal club in Nova Scotia would be seen as a provocation, no? The wattage of that particular bulb sounds pretty low.

So basically some guy wanted to start his own club to look cool and pretend they're in an episode of SOA and found out the hard way that you cannot "pretend" to be a bad guy, you either are one or you aren't.

This whole thing could have been avoided if he had simply been willing to settle for a cool looking single patch and make sure it was called a "riding club" (RC) instead of a "motorcycle club" (MC).

... or kept it informal, or stayed away from wearing "patches" to try to look like mister tough guy.

What ever happened to just meeting at the local tims and going for a fun ride? Is that only for sport bikes?

People don't live *life* these days, they live *lifestyles* guided by the mass media. In this context, an outlaw biker or boy racer are equally valid choices. Bumping up against organized crime is a bit more stressful than being laughed at for posting slow track times, however.

"hey guys, lets ride together, we don't need to wear matching vests cause what matters is that we ride together"

was that so difficult?

but i guess some people have a bigger need to associate to something bigger than them.

I'm a member of a 'riding club'. We meet for breakfast and rides on Sundays.
There's a club patch, but I don't wear patches; don't want holes in my nice Dainese jacket! No one cares. We eat and we ride.

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing patches on your leathers.

ab1pw.jpg

I have a feeling that the conviction of those three bikers does not end this saga for that poor guy. He had no idea the hornets nest he was stirring up.

Exactly right.

This guy is gonna need to move out that town / city / province...

Had a pair of jeans with patches on the all over them, finally grew out of them and could afford new jeans sans patches!

Back
Top Bottom