Breakdown cover | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breakdown cover

Beakster

Hi,

So I've never been left stranded by my bike. I carry a small tool kit and enough to fix a puncture and it's always seen me right. My girlfriend will be sitting her M2 test in a few weeks and then will probably use the bike to get to work and back. Assuming she breaks down or gets a puncture and I am not available to come an assist, does anyone recommend a CAA type company who it would be worth joining?

I have TD autoclub through my credit card already. I called them once when my regulator rectifier failed and asked them to tow me home. They said they couldn't do it though, they could only tow me to a motorcycle dealer. This would have left me further from home than I was currently stranded and of little use as I'd just order the part online and fit it myself so wouldnt have any need of a dealer. In this instance I got a near by Canadian Tire to charge the battery enough to get me home, but this is annoying as I feel the TD autoclub is a bit useless if they won't tow me home.

I'd need one which will:
* Tow to home if a breakdown or puncture occurs
* Tow a distance of 12km for the membership fee (or with little excess) as this is the normal commute
* Not exclude the bike because of it's age, 1978.

Thanks

CAA Plus includes emergency roadside service for motorcycles.

Agree, CAA Plus is your best option. They can tow to home/dealer/shop or even to some random location. I'm with CAA for many years now and they helped me a lot (they towed my bikes twice in the last 2 years to my home). Very satisfied with them.. One word of advice, be nice with the tow truck driver and you will get better service..

Motorcycle is on both Plus and Premier. You get one 200km tow with Plus, four 200km and one 320km tows with Premium. No restrictions on where you get towed (as far as I know).

A young lady stopped on the side of the road in the GTA will probably get lots of free offers to help.

Most auxiliary road side assistance providers will tow home. However, it’s a call center and some agents are not versed well.

Usually manufacturer coverage requires a tow to a dealer of a marque.

These call centres get a lot of calls from the manufacturer program so, they sometimes mix up the rules/coverages.

Call TD and request a copy of the coverage handbook or see if they have a support line that isn’t for making an actual assistance call and confirm coverage.

Usually they will stipulate only one tow home for the same reported issue and they will advise if towed home, you won’t be covered for a second/follow up tow to a repair shop.

It’s meant to deter folks from getting their junker towed home frequently etc.

CAA and Canadian Tire have programs as well as some credit cards.

They are good as they cover RVs, motorcycles and passenger vehicles. But you do have to step up from the basic program to get those benefits.

I believe the national motorcycle association had a plan too but, might have been US based?

It’s possible the rules have changed but, I’m pretty confident you can get a tow home.

If it happens again, you can request a supervisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAA plus or premium, is the way to go.
Use promo code "BONUS15" at checkout to save $15 off any membership. Seems like a pretty generic code. I just got it 2 weeks ago, and used once already.

You can call a tow online on their site, no need to use a call center. They have a tracker on the tow truck, I saw where he was, when it reached, and truck arrived within 15mins.

Just note the name on the membership, the member has to present for the tow. So if its for her, put her name down.

Last edited:
I have TD autoclub through my credit card already. I called them once when my regulator rectifier failed and asked them to tow me home. They said they couldn't do it though, they could only tow me to a motorcycle dealer. This would have left me further from home than I was currently stranded and of little use as I'd just order the part online and fit it myself so wouldnt have any need of a dealer. In this instance I got a near by Canadian Tire to charge the battery enough to get me home, but this is annoying as I feel the TD autoclub is a bit useless if they won't tow me home.

Thanks

This is why I left TD Auto Club. One time my SUV wouldn't start and my wife was stranded at work in Brampton. TD said they couldn't tow it home, only to the nearest garage (which was across the street, and was closed). I've argued with different agents on different occasions and eventually just gave up on them.

Back
Top Bottom