Breadcrumb apps for IOS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breadcrumb apps for IOS

MSRP

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have experience with a good GPS 'breadcrumb' app that tracks where you ride?

I often wander aimlessly on a day ride but have difficulty remembering all the sites and cool areas that I encounter after a long ride back home.

I suppose it is like a gps tracker, but more like "where did I park my car after a long hike in the woods" type of app.

I've downloaded a few to test and am keen on comparing notes.

ESR (Eat Sleep Ride) will do that, but I'm still not 100% sold on it yet...seems like a battery hog (although I guess all GPS apps are), and I'm not sure you can save roads privately (never been fan of broadcasting to all the routes I take).

ESR (Eat Sleep Ride) will do that, but I'm still not 100% sold on it yet...seems like a battery hog (although I guess all GPS apps are), and I'm not sure you can save roads privately (never been fan of broadcasting to all the routes I take).

I like ESR as well, I plan on giving it some heavy use this season. I have seen some other GTAMers on it with familiar usernames too.. I just bought a battery pack thing to toss in my bag on the longer trips so I can top up the phone when its low..

My Garmin Montana does this automatically. It's in a folder ordered by date after a ride.

Just signed up for this, seems pretty cool!

Good old fashioned Google Location History will do it as well. Just install the Google app, enable location history...and it tracks you all day long. It's really set it and forget it so you don't have to open any apps (and make sure they stay open) or anything like that - unless you kill the app it continues working, and if it crashes it reloads itself.

Yes, it's private. No, nobody else can see the history data except you when you're logged into your Google account.

I use it daily, and have for years. Given I drive for a living and sometimes get questioned on where I was or how long I was there I appreciate it as a second level of CYA for myself as well. I've never needed to use it, but if someday my employer says "Yeah, you weren't there...customer xyz says you are full of crap" I can pull up GPS data to prove otherwise.

http://maps.google.com/locationhistory is where you'll find the data afterwards.

@comundrum @-JERICHO- I'm having trouble just uploading pics to that app...I don’t know how well it works tbh. Granted, there does seem to be a lot of use on it. And I'm using the Android not ios.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom