Brake light adjustment? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brake light adjustment?

jukon

So I'm still fairly new on my bike (09 Ninja 250). And I realized the other night that my brake light doesn't come on when I thought it did. I have to push the rear brake a lot harder before the light actually comes on. Is there any way of adjusting this so the light comes on with a lighter tap to the rear brake?

I thought I was being a skilled rider by lightly tapping my rear brake to signal cagers behind me that either I'm downshifting or there might be unexpected braking ahead.

thx

Doesn't your light come one when hitting your front brake?

yes there is adjustor for the pull wire/spring that activates the switch....if you want to swing by i can help you out...pm me

Ok so where do I start looking? How big of a job would this be? I'd PM you Frekey but your box is full.

Ok so where do I start looking? How big of a job would this be? I'd PM you Frekey but your box is full.

Start looking at the brake pedal - look at the linkage to where the switch is --> adjust the switch by rotating the threaded collar.

How big of a job, difficulty = 1 out of 10. There is literally nothing more simple.

So I'm still fairly new on my bike (09 Ninja 250). And I realized the other night that my brake light doesn't come on when I thought it did. I have to push the rear brake a lot harder before the light actually comes on. Is there any way of adjusting this so the light comes on with a lighter tap to the rear brake?

I thought I was being a skilled rider by lightly tapping my rear brake to signal cagers behind me that either I'm downshifting or there might be unexpected braking ahead.

thx

Do you have your owners manual? This should be in there
373.jpg

Basically your looking for this, its your rear brake light switch....See where it is threaded, you adjust when it activates the light by turning it in or out...In activates later, out activates sooner...

Back
Top Bottom