Braided Stainless brake lines. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Braided Stainless brake lines.

timtune

Site Supporter
About ten years ago I got some great advice on how to make up my own brake lines from line and banjo fittings. I think it was from Brian who is maybe a machinist and made parts for stunt bikes.
I still have his instructions in a binder and I'll be needing to make up some lines for my SOHC4 project in the near future. I'm just wondering if anything has changed in the last decade with regards to SS lines and also where is the best place to get the supplies. I have no idea where I bought them last time.

Not that Brian doesn't also know more than me about brakes, but are you thinking of Johnny?

About ten years ago I got some great advice on how to make up my own brake lines from line and banjo fittings. I think it was from Brian who is maybe a machinist and made parts for stunt bikes.
I still have his instructions in a binder and I'll be needing to make up some lines for my SOHC4 project in the near future. I'm just wondering if anything has changed in the last decade with regards to SS lines and also where is the best place to get the supplies. I have no idea where I bought them last time.
Is the instruction shareable? No one seems to make a kit for my bike (abs gladius) and it's something I'd like to tackle some day.

Nothing has changed
You can get fittings at any auto parts store. You want Aeroquip or Eaton AN3 parts.
Bike shops will sell kits.
You can get parts cheap on Amazon or Aliexpress.
You can get pre made hoses on Amazon or Aliexpress in any length CHEAP.

I stand corrected JohnyP636 is the guy.

The instructions were mostly about how to cut and trim the ends and then install the banjos. moarmoto I will try and get a copy to you - I'm not really techy though (hence the KLR650 and sohc4)

for the op ..if you want your brake lines more stockish looking, and you're building them yourself, you can sheath the ss lines with black sheathing. just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom