Braided covering for Ais/Air induction pipes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Braided covering for Ais/Air induction pipes

ALD

I have seen a vstar with braided covering on the Ais/Air induction pipes.
Could I please get information on where I can find this covering & how it would fit over the wider section of the pipe where it connects to the engine.

Thank you

Never heard of it unless you are talking about exhaust wrap and that is for the exhaust header pipe, not the intake.

Can't think of any reason you would need or even want to wrap the intake manifold :unsure: that would seem to serve no purpose or do you have one? AIS induction refers to part of your pollution control system and it is actually part of your exhaust system, I can see more people completely removing that & it only carries cold air.

Last edited:
Pics of what you have seen? Or pics of bike in question with area covered indicated.

If it was truly a mesh covered intake, shortening a mesh tube makes it wider so it could pass over a larger section. I have no idea why you would want to do this.

Any Ais/Air induction pipes I ever seen were made of steel, it was connected to an air pump and all it did was blow hopefully clean air through a long tube, directed toward the exhaust valve. That pipe travels through the exhaust manifold so you certainly wouldn't want to wrap it in plastic, glass wrap would be more appropriate, that will likely serve to make it rust faster.

Never heard of it unless you are talking about exhaust wrap and that is for the exhaust header pipe, not the intake.

Can't think of any reason you would need or even want to wrap the intake manifold :unsure: that would seem to serve no purpose or do you have one? AIS induction refers to part of your pollution control system and it is actually part of your exhaust system, I can see more people completely removing that & it only carries cold air.
The air induction pipe that I am referring to wraps around the engine & connects close to the exhaust port.
When I had seen this with a braided wrap on a vstar I think it was for aesthetics, but unsure where I would be able to get something like this.
The Ais system on my bike burns away any unburnt fuel, I thought of removing this but snow city yamaha dealer told me if I do I will end up with unburnt fuel in my exhaust.
I attached a photo of the pipe that is in question, I removed it from the bike as I need a new one.

Attachments

• 16090378701856498333205402822599.jpg
    16090378701856498333205402822599.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Back in the 1970's I removed that part and all the related hardware from a Ford Courier pickup truck. After that my truck worked better then any other Ford Courier pickup truck. Not suggesting you should remove it, but I can tell you it's not on there to make the engine run a whole lot better.

Google up 'Fibreglass Braided Cable Sleeving' that's the material you have seen.

The pipe you need to replace there is the same kind of hardware that would be used to plumb a diesel engine, you should be able to make one or have one made if you can no longer acquire original parts.

... if there is unburnt fuel in your exhaust manifold, absolutely nothing can push that raw fuel back into the combustion chamber to finish burning it, the best you can hope to do is burn it off inside the exhaust system where it becomes wasted heat energy.

Last edited:
You're looking for a braided stainless hose sleeve.
Also

There is also a bunch of different options on Amazon.
f5a58e41e55ab92a18888d83f162c339.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom