Border Crossing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Border Crossing

my step son's wife just went to Mexico with their son to visit her dad and family...they live on base in Oceanside CA, not too far from the US/MX border...she's always walked across (he drives her to the border and the wife/son walk over) but I'm guessing with it still being shut, she must've flown this time...

also, I've been watching Got2Go on Youtube and she too recently (March/April) started a tour of the US (LA to Miami) from Mexico...wondering how she got in?

If you have been vaxxed with AstraZeneca make sure if your attending an event its on the vax list. I was denied going to a conference because they only allowed US approved vaccines.

If you have been vaxxed with AstraZeneca make sure if your attending an event its on the vax list. I was denied going to a conference because they only allowed US approved vaccines.
How are they dealing with the half-breeds? I have a certificate that shows Pfizer, 2nd valid dose. That certificate doesn't mention what the first dose was.

I believe the correct response is "**** you...I know my rights, you can't make me do nothing man" but I have never tried that.

I have followed their instructions though which have always been to remove the lid if I haven't already done so.
Next time you should try the correct response. You’ll probably get a free Prostate massage.

Next door neighbour got denied an Alaskan cruise. They won't let him board the ship with the AZ / Moderna combo. (same combo I got ffs).

The CDC regulates vaccination issues for cruise lines sailing from or to US ports. Currently the CDC does not recognize mixed vaccines as being a valid vaccination protocol because they don't have enough research evidence to prove the level of efficacy and therefore considers travelers with mixed vaccines as 'unvaccinated'. Unless the CDC reverses their stance on mixed vaccines, I would guess the same may hold true when they open the US land border. Canadians with mixed vaccines may not be allowed to enter?
Funny that this never came up when all our various public health officials were pushing people to 'just get vaxxed with whatever is available'.

Somewhat related question; when you go through the border on a bike, do you take off your helmet when it's your turn to talk with the border patrol?
I've never removed my helmet, or even been asked to do so, on any trip across the border by the officers on either side. I wear a modular helmet and flip the front completely open when talking to the Border official and that seems to be sufficient. When in my car I always remove my sunglasses, which I have been asked to do previously.

Funny that this never came up when all our various public health officials were pushing people to 'just get vaxxed with whatever is available'.
You think our public health official really cares about what the CDC thinks? If it works and it gets more people vaxxed, there isn't an issue. Canada isn't the only country that mixing and matching mRNA vaccines.

To be fair, most reports do say more research is required, but evidences has pointed that there is no issue and theres actually benefits of mixing and matching.

You think our public health official really cares about what the CDC thinks? If it works and it gets more people vaxxed, there isn't an issue. Canada isn't the only country that mixing and matching mRNA vaccines.

To be fair, most reports do say more research is required, but evidences has pointed that there is no issue and theres actually benefits of mixing and matching.
I agree but at the moment, the CDC does not recognize that. Hopefully they will in the near future. Barbados reversed their stand on mixed vaccinations from not OK to OK. Let's hope the CDC follows suit. It's still early days in terms of international travel. Now that the feds are talking about a Vaccine Passport, perhaps they'll be able to persuade the US to OK the mixed vaccine thing. There should be plenty of proof out there by now that it's OK.

I agree but at the moment, the CDC does not recognize that. Hopefully they will in the near future. Barbados reversed their stand on mixed vaccinations from not OK to OK. Let's hope the CDC follows suit. It's still early days in terms of international travel. Now that the feds are talking about a Vaccine Passport, perhaps they'll be able to persuade the US to OK the mixed vaccine thing. There should be plenty of proof out there by now that it's OK.
Im pretty sure they will follow suit and change their stand on the mix at some point. Not recognizing it is just shooting them self in the foot for tourism since there are a few other countries already doing it.

Any other countries besides canada mixing and matching vaccines?

In my mind its just a pr stunt to fudge the numbers and look good for photo ops and headlines, same with pretty much everything else with this government.

The numbers would look WAYYY different if everyone got the same second dose as their first one, as it would highlight the vaccine shortage.

In my mind its just a pr stunt to fudge the numbers and look good for photo ops and headlines, same with pretty much everything else with this government.

The numbers would look WAYYY different if everyone got the same second dose as their first one, as it would highlight the vaccine shortage.
Germany, UK, Spain, Italy and prob more.

Wife and three kids will all need another shot by the sounds of it.
She got her shot the day before they changed to allow her to not get Astra.
Kids got Pfizer first, and then it ran out, so they all had to settle for Moderna as their second.
What a cluster.

They were stick handling shifting people away from AZ then all of a sudden, they had a Pfizer supply issue plus they were jabbing the kids with Pfizer so they pushed people to Moderna for their second shots.

It was a real shell game there for awhile!
Shell Game.gif

USA is ******* me up. I can fly back and forth to my place down south, but can’t drive 2 hrs to Rochester NY to visit my boat. Hopefully the road borders open soon.

USA is ******* me up. I can fly back and forth to my place down south, but can’t drive 2 hrs to Rochester NY to visit my boat. Hopefully the road borders open soon.
You could probably fly to your boat, if you can eat the cost.

Somewhat related question; when you go through the border on a bike, do you take off your helmet when it's your turn to talk with the border patrol?

open face either convertible or 3/4 never had to take it off on border runs. Besides I've got a nice smile :sneaky:
Gas station attendant today told me to take off my helmet by loudspeaker broadcast while I was at the pump ...gave him the finger and went elsehere....fuckwit. :mad:

open face either convertible or 3/4 never had to take it off on border runs. Besides I've got a nice smile :sneaky:
Gas station attendant today told me to take off my helmet by loudspeaker broadcast while I was at the pump ...gave him the finger and went elsehere....fuckwit. :mad:
lol whats the differences now if people are wearing mask, a hat and some shades? same ****....

source:
View attachment 50480

This is going to be a clusterfuck for a while.
But hey, good thing canada's pushing it!
Ooo thats an interesting read, Thanks!

lol whats the differences now if people are wearing mask, a hat and some shades? same ****....

Ooo thats an interesting read, Thanks!
Nobody is going to roll up to the border with a mask under thier helmet.

Back
Top Bottom