Border Crossing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Border Crossing

PaisaMed

Is walking across the border at Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge permitted?

If so, which business can transport my motorcycle over the border?

Hmmm, so i could fly to Buffalo and have my bike delivered to to somewhere close to the airport? As snowbirds were doing in the winter from St. Catherines to Buffalo.

supposedly the border opens up for fully vaccinated Canadians wanting to cross on August 21...you would need a transport company to truck it to you if you fly into Buffalo as drivers are considered essential...

supposedly the border opens up for fully vaccinated Canadians wanting to cross on August 21...you would need a transport company to truck it to you if you fly into Buffalo as drivers are considered essential...
Where did you hear that? I heard for sure not before that date but no indication that they planned on changing policy any time soon.

You never know, weren't they been pushing for it to be open for some time now?

I'm more disappointed that we're open to the states already.
Latest posturing has been US is in no rush at all and doesn't plan on changing the rules any time soon. Probably all politics and very little relation to epidemiology though. Has the tourism lobby paid more than whichever lobby groups want the border closed?

wait wait, so we can open our border, but they cant open theirs?

fuckin americans.

Also ******* trudeau.

I agree with everyone here especially why we reopened before they did...the date I mentioned was announced a few days after JT's announcement, but again, that can change at any time...I still think we should've kept our borders closed (although technically, anyone from the US could still fly into Canada, just not drive across) especially because their numbers are horrific...

For those looking to travel east i would make it sooner than later,

New Brunswick had a few cases of covid around Moncton today.

Probably shut down the NS border soon

There was a lot of pressure from our border tourist towns (and province in general) to open up, they did not want to lose another entire prime season. Having Americans coming here and spending is economically better for us than Canadians driving south to spend, just food for thought.

But there are the optics (even ego) that they are good enough to us to come here but we are not good enough to them to go there... Of course JT hate as well.

You never know, weren't they been pushing for it to be open for some time now?

I'm more disappointed that we're open to the states already.

All of the governors of border states were pushing to have it open, who are largely democrats. And then Biden decided to go against their wishes and keep it locked down. I think it had to do with the fact that they didn't want to open their southern border yet because of the situation in Mexico, but didn't want to have one border open and the other closed.

Pretty frustrating situation. I would have loved to go down to the states to do some riding and hiking this summer.

Somewhat related question; when you go through the border on a bike, do you take off your helmet when it's your turn to talk with the border patrol?

Somewhat related question; when you go through the border on a bike, do you take off your helmet when it's your turn to talk with the border patrol?
I take my helmet off. If I had a convertible/half/3/4 helmet, I may try leaving it on. With a full face helmet, they can't see much so I figure it makes them happier if I remove (which makes my life easier).

I believe the correct response is "**** you...I know my rights, you can't make me do nothing man" but I have never tried that.

I have followed their instructions though which have always been to remove the lid if I haven't already done so.

I suspect it has something to do with Canada requiring proof of vaccination plus a recent test result (submitted via the ArriveCan app which thus has a record what you've submitted ... in case someone chooses to submit false documents, they'll be on the record).

Anything to do with proof of vaccination seems to be politically unpalatable in the USA - and may even be unworkable, due to the fragmented nature of their health-care system.

I am fine with us requiring proof of vaccination plus a recent test result. Quite a few other countries are doing the same/similar. If that indirectly helps get the vaccination numbers up, because people know they need it in order to travel, that's also good.

I think in the mind of the U.S. administration that Canada and Mexico are linked in terms of timing of the border opening for non-essential travel. That may make absolutely no sense to us here in canada, given our vaccination status and the level of covid positive cases we have vs. Mexico but it is what it is. I've pretty much written off any U.S. travel for 2021.

Back
Top Bottom