Booking the M2 exit. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Booking the M2 exit.

I just looked right now for fun as my M2 expires in 2 years. DAMN! Pretty much everywhere in the GTA is fully booked minus a couple spots here and there. Im surprised...it's not even June yet. I guess people book their M tests far in advance. Probably just going to wait till next year. Or do more spots open up closer to the date. Nothing for even Aug, Sept, or Oct as of now....
Does a full M lower insurance much? When I got my G licence it lowered it about $80/yr.
Don't remember it being this bad when I did mine in mid 2016. Booked a month before the test in Downsview. Had enough slots available. Maybe they haven't released all slots yet ? In any case, keep an eye on their calendar. There are always cancellations, you may get lucky.

Insurance difference could be significant or marginal depending on other factors like your age, choice of bike etc. If you're 30+, I *think* it wouldn't make much difference.

Last edited:
Insurance difference could be significant or marginal depending on other factors like your age, choice of bike etc. If you're 30+, I *think* it wouldn't make much difference.
I'll let you know shortly. Come on $25/month! :ROFLMAO:

I'll let you know shortly. Come on $25/month!
Lol actually, $25 is possible. I ran a quote on a rebel 300 with my profile on TD's online calc recently and it came to about $40 a month. I expect grom to be cheaper. Will try it in my free time for kicks
Did you get M yet or soon ?

Lol actually, $25 is possible. I ran a quote on a rebel 300 with my profile on TD's online calc recently and it came to about $40 a month. I expect grom to be cheaper. Will try it in my free time for kicks
Did you get M yet or soon ?
Next week.

Online profile :rolleyes:

Next week.

Online profile :rolleyes:
Good luck!

Tips (probably all known): exaggerate head movements and shoulder checks. Look at every single driveway, hazard, and road sign (helmet needs to move). Visible tape on the back of helmet helps.

Good luck!

Tips (probably all known): exaggerate head movements and shoulder checks. Look at every single driveway, hazard, and road sign (helmet needs to move). Visible tape on the back of helmet helps.
Yup. The more you look like a stupid bobble head doll, the less infractions you will get. Even if simply flicking your eyes around gets the job done, they can only mark what they see, so keep you eyes aimed relatively forward and use your neck to look around.

Good luck!

I already recruited @GoldieTiger to yell at me non stop, i'm in good hands!

so keep you eyes aimed relatively forward and use your neck to look around.
Hah I got a bad headache doing exactly this during the test. Head bobbing excessively is a huge distraction too. I remember sometimes I was just moving my head and not even registering what I was seeing.

Bobbing your head around at random won't help your riding. Read the sticky.

Bobbing your head around at random won't help your riding. Read the sticky.
Wasn't random. It was at every intersection, driveway, hazard, road sign etc. In Downsview, there's no shortage of these things. The area is under perpetual construction.

Wasn't random. It was at every intersection, driveway, hazard, road sign etc. In Downsview, there's no shortage of these things. The area is under perpetual construction.
Just swivel your head at a fixed interval like the Terminator.

Guess I got lucky in Ottawa.. I booked my M2X last week for May 21. There were lots of slots (21st was the next one, with a good number of openings in the weeks after), but when I looked at surrounding areas (out of curiosity) there wasn't a single slot..

Back
Top Bottom