Booking the M2 exit. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Booking the M2 exit.

lildevilx

Just a bit of a rent I suppose....

So regestration for M2 exit test openned today...
Went on to try to book my course at 5am this morning to find they're pretty much completely booked in newmarket, downsview, and Oshawa... Do they just have really little amount of space or am I just too late?

I checked all the way to Aug and still nothing... Kinda crazy...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Went on to try to book my course at 5am this morning to find they're pretty much completely booked in newmarket, downsview, and Oshawa... Do they just have really little amount of space or am I just too late?

Really? Are you trying to book with MTO or looking at private companies who offer it?

I remember booking my M2 a few days after getting my M1, there was lots of choices. Did you check all the places that offer it? I went with Humber because that's where most people I know who ride suggested and their certificate apparently helps with insurance, they usually have lots of spots if you book a few months in advance.

Yeah- I was surprised to see most of the days gone for Mississauga and Brampton. I ended up booking something in Guelph. I can't believe that all the slots in May/June/July/Aug would be taken in a few hours!!

Really? Are you trying to book with MTO or looking at private companies who offer it?

I remember booking my M2 a few days after getting my M1, there was lots of choices. Did you check all the places that offer it? I went with Humber because that's where most people I know who ride suggested and their certificate apparently helps with insurance, they usually have lots of spots if you book a few months in advance.
booking via MTO

Also I was told by my insurance, the M2 exit course does not help with insurance so...

I am sure they are talking about the M2 exit to get the full M, not M1 exit to get M2.

Sent from the moon!

I am sure they are talking about the M2 exit to get the full M, not M1 exit to get M2.

Sent from the moon!
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I did my training course to get the M2.
Booking the M2 (to get the M) exit via MTO is near impossible =/

booking via MTO

Also I was told by my insurance, the M2 exit course does not help with insurance so...
Insurance breaks aren't the only reason to take a course. In fact, I'd say it should be the last reason to take a course.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Taking a private course is worth it just to avoid the absolute shitshow of the DriveTest Centres. When I went to get my M1 it took almost 3 hours to do a multiple choice computer test and I showed up 30 mins before they opened. Check out their Google reviews if you need a laugh.

Sent from the moon!
Ahh, my bad I misread it. Nevermind then lol, must be busier for m2 exit than m1.
booking via MTO

I remember when I did the m1 exit, they did the obligatory upsell to come back and do the m2 exit...I don't recall the exact percentages but they gave us stats that through MTO it's a high failure rate, more than half but through them its single digits. I'll go back just because it was a fun time and they prepare you for it and try to help you pass.

I don't know if that certificate helps from m2 to m, but both insurers I have had both requested the m1 to m2 certificate. When getting a quote from riders plus one of the questions was if you had taken the m2 exit or other courses, not sure if it helps with the rate or just makes it easier to get the policy.
Insurance breaks aren't the only reason to take a course. In fact, I'd say it should be the last reason to take a course.

Great point, nothing wrong with getting a refresher. Might discover bad habits we've developed or even learn something new.

It may differ from insurer to insurer but my Broker also asked if i had completed M2 EXIT Course.

True enough, wasn't the reason why I wasn't going to. Though not being able to book the M through MTO is a great reason to book the course instead.

M2 exit to M courses don't really teach you new things they just correct bad habits and prepare you for the actual test. A good rider that has enough knowledge of what is expected during the test will do fine a save a lot of $ going through MTO

M2 exit to M courses don't really teach you new things they just correct bad habits and prepare you for the actual test. A good rider that has enough knowledge of what is expected during the test will do fine a save a lot of $ going through MTO
I did the M2X course. I'd say half of the participants didn't really need it (but a refresher never hurts), 40% benefited greatly from instruction on their own bikes (they were on much bigger and more powerful bikes than when they took M1X course) and 10% had no business riding (they had the wrong attitude, bike chosen based on ego not function or were just bleeping useless). Two people in our course were kicked off their bikes by the instructors and given 125 school bikes as the instructors were legitimately concerned that they couldn't safely ride the bike they brought (one crashed, the other almost whisky throttled through an instructor).

Last edited:
When I was an instructor I had friends that were new riders and needed to do their M2 exit to get full M and I steered them away from spending $300 plus to take the course and told them to just take it at MTO for the $75. If they failed they know what they did wrong and can re-book and pass the 2nd time and save $$$$$. Most of them were good riders and only needed some pointers on what they had to do like lots of head movement to demonstrate they were looking and keeping brake light on and in gear at stops etc...

Most of the riders I saw that came through the M2 exit course were there because they were weeks away from losing their M2 because they left doing the road test to the last minute and were out of time on the 5 year limit and MTO was booked up but the college always had space in their program.

And by that time they had so many bad habits they probably needed the course.

In my wife's case she hadn't ridden in several months and then got a new bike two weeks before her m2 expired. I decided to send her to Georgian college for the m2 exit. In her case the difference in her confidence on the new bike was monumental from Friday night to Sunday night. The instructors had them practicing the m1 exit skills test and it did wonders for her.

I did mine in Oshawa last year and I remember the time slots being mostly full, but I still had a fair bit of selection. I did the test in July and I booked it sometime in mid-May, but then had to change the date a few weeks before the test and still had no issue finding a time/day that worked.

For me, it took 3 'instructors' to do the test, two in the car and one person got me all set up with the headphones and then was waiting there when I pulled back into the lot to take the headphones back. 3x the amount of people than for a regular drivers license and they only do them on specific days, so not many open spots.

I thought about doing the M2X course because I had a friend who took the course and his instructors really laid into them how lucky they were that they were there, and that like 50% or something of the people that do the M2X road test without doing the course fail it... Hardest part about the road test is staying under the speed limit. Save yourself the $300.

When I was an instructor I had friends that were new riders and needed to do their M2 exit to get full M and I steered them away from spending $300 plus to take the course and told them to just take it at MTO for the $75. If they failed they know what they did wrong and can re-book and pass the 2nd time and save $$$$$. Most of them were good riders and only needed some pointers on what they had to do like lots of head movement to demonstrate they were looking and keeping brake light on and in gear at stops etc...

Most of the riders I saw that came through the M2 exit course were there because they were weeks away from losing their M2 because they left doing the road test to the last minute and were out of time on the 5 year limit and MTO was booked up but the college always had space in their program.

And by that time they had so many bad habits they probably needed the course.
personally i had that mind set. but it goes back to the original topic of. 5 hours after registration opens pretty much all the slots around the GTA is booked....

I just looked right now for fun as my M2 expires in 2 years. DAMN! Pretty much everywhere in the GTA is fully booked minus a couple spots here and there. Im surprised...it's not even June yet. I guess people book their M tests far in advance. Probably just going to wait till next year. Or do more spots open up closer to the date. Nothing for even Aug, Sept, or Oct as of now....
Does a full M lower insurance much? When I got my G licence it lowered it about $80/yr.

I just looked right now for fun as my M2 expires in 2 years. DAMN! Pretty much everywhere in the GTA is fully booked minus a couple spots here and there. Im surprised...it's not even June yet. I guess people book their M tests far in advance. Probably just going to wait till next year. Or do more spots open up closer to the date. Nothing for even Aug, Sept, or Oct as of now....
Does a full M lower insurance much? When I got my G licence it lowered it about $80/yr.
The biggest upside to full M is it never expires. For various reasons, sometimes people have gaps between bikes and starting again at M1 would suck.

mine is expiring in 2 years as well, I was hoping to take the test this year since. I knew booking started may 1, but 5 hours into the day, it was practically all booked... didn't remember last year being this bad....

Back
Top Bottom