Bogotto FF122 Helmet - FC Moto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bogotto FF122 Helmet - FC Moto

voyageur

Site Supporter
So I was in need of a new helmet because I was almost sure that if I crashed my current LS2 would probably not hold up. I was tight on budget this time around so I took a chance and bought Bogotto full face helmet from FC-moto. I tried a bunch of helmets at GP bikes and made notes of what size fits my head (AGV, Bell, LS2, HJC, etc.) since there are no reviews of Bogotto helmets out there. That's partially one reason why I'm posting this.

My head circumference is 54 ish (cm). An AGV K3sv XS fits perfectly (S in case of AGV K6). Most other helmets it was the 'small' size that fit me well.

Anyways, I chose to go with size 'S' (55-56 cm) partially because I wasn't sure of the shape and the fit. Everything about the purchase was great except I had to pay customs duty.

Some pros of the helmet - it's ECE 22.06 certified. Though it's cheap, it still comes with sun visors, pinlock ready (pinlock visors to be bought separately), and it looked/looks okay. There is provision for speakers (pics below) and connect comms system. Overall, it does feel fine. Well, anything would feel fine as compared to my older helmet for the condition it is in lol.

Things I didn't like about the helmet - it's heavy (weighs 1.7 kg). Even though I bought slightly larger size than what's mentioned on their size chart it's still quite tight. I wore it for over an hour at home and there were no pressure points. I took it out for financial/steeles ride with the guys, and after maybe 3 hours of continuous usage my ears were killing me. I wear glasses so that doesn't help either.

I have decided to keep it and I'll probably wash the paddings to make it less stiff if the issue still persists. There is also another piece of padding around the speaker cavity, I can try removing that too. If you know any hacks, please feel free to suggest.

I forgot to open the vents during the last ride. I see 6 vents in total (2 darth vader's eyes, 2 on top and 2 behind to channel air out). I will test it the next time I take my bike out.

Some pics:

Hate the darth vader/transformer in the front. Beggars can't be choosers.

IMG_8292.JPG

IMG_8295.JPG

IMG_8296.JPG

Sliders on the right for sun visors. I tested it and it works as expected so far.
IMG_8297.JPG

IMG_8298.JPG

IMG_8300.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

The padding I mentioned earlier to cover off the speaker cavity.

IMG_8303.JPG

IMG_8305.JPG

I own a Bogotto waterproof boots and still works as expected, season 2 now. So, I'm expecting this also to last for at least a couple of years. The only obvious downside for me right now is the weight. Tight and heavy is not a comfortable combo. I knew the weight already and I am taking that one on the chin.

This is more round than elongated (think AGV K6 or similar). If I were to buy again, I would pick M instead of S. Other than that, I wouldn't mind buying this and for what I paid ($101 + $38 (pinlocks) + $40 shipping) + $16 gst (customs) + $10 customs handling charges, I'm happy with it. There are ones with custom paint job which is $15 more but I was on a price point, so I didn't bother.

Here is a link to fc-moto's page: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...2-Helmet/SubProducts/Bogotto-F122-Helmet-0007

PS: Wife and I did a diy paint job and the helmet looks different (read s*it, but I can't tell her that).

Glad you are happy with the purchase.
I don't mean to sound like a jackass but politely asking.

Were there no inexpensive helmets that would fit your needs available locally?

Seems like a lot to go through for a helmet that is no super expensive and not knowing how the sizing fits. It not a $1000 Shoei that you got for $600.
I know you mention that you are happy with it but at the same time you do say that it is a little heavy and you would buy 1 sizer larger next time.

I feel like if these 2 strikes were against a helmet in my possession it would end up being a very inconvenient paper weight.

No offense taken :)

It's the ECE 22.06 that actually made me buy it. Don't think there were any helmets under $150 that were 22.06 certified. If I were to buy just the helmet + shipping it should have cost me under 150. Pinlock and customs sort of pushed it to $200. I was hoping for best case scenario with customs because my previous purchases somehow managed to come through without charges.

I was looking for a skid plate out of Greece. I didn't want to risk paying customer so I opted for something very close to the same from amazon.

Sometimes the custom fees really kill the deal.

So I was in need of a new helmet because I was almost sure that if I crashed my current LS2 would probably not hold up. I was tight on budget this time around so I took a chance and bought Bogotto full face helmet from FC-moto. I tried a bunch of helmets at GP bikes and made notes of what size fits my head (AGV, Bell, LS2, HJC, etc.) since there are no reviews of Bogotto helmets out there. That's partially one reason why I'm posting this.

My head circumference is 54 ish (cm). An AGV K3sv XS fits perfectly (S in case of AGV K6). Most other helmets it was the 'small' size that fit me well.

Anyways, I chose to go with size 'S' (55-56 cm) partially because I wasn't sure of the shape and the fit. Everything about the purchase was great except I had to pay customs duty.

Some pros of the helmet - it's ECE 22.06 certified. Though it's cheap, it still comes with sun visors, pinlock ready (pinlock visors to be bought separately), and it looked/looks okay. There is provision for speakers (pics below) and connect comms system. Overall, it does feel fine. Well, anything would feel fine as compared to my older helmet for the condition it is in lol.

Things I didn't like about the helmet - it's heavy (weighs 1.7 kg). Even though I bought slightly larger size than what's mentioned on their size chart it's still quite tight. I wore it for over an hour at home and there were no pressure points. I took it out for financial/steeles ride with the guys, and after maybe 3 hours of continuous usage my ears were killing me. I wear glasses so that doesn't help either.

I have decided to keep it and I'll probably wash the paddings to make it less stiff if the issue still persists. There is also another piece of padding around the speaker cavity, I can try removing that too. If you know any hacks, please feel free to suggest.

I forgot to open the vents during the last ride. I see 6 vents in total (2 darth vader's eyes, 2 on top and 2 behind to channel air out). I will test it the next time I take my bike out.

Some pics:

Hate the darth vader/transformer in the front. Beggars can't be choosers.

View attachment 60355

View attachment 60356

View attachment 60357

Sliders on the right for sun visors. I tested it and it works as expected so far.
View attachment 60358

View attachment 60360

View attachment 60361

View attachment 60362

The padding I mentioned earlier to cover off the speaker cavity.

View attachment 60363

View attachment 60359

I own a Bogotto waterproof boots and still works as expected, season 2 now. So, I'm expecting this also to last for at least a couple of years. The only obvious downside for me right now is the weight. Tight and heavy is not a comfortable combo. I knew the weight already and I am taking that one on the chin.

This is more round than elongated (think AGV K6 or similar). If I were to buy again, I would pick M instead of S. Other than that, I wouldn't mind buying this and for what I paid ($101 + $38 (pinlocks) + $40 shipping) + $16 gst (customs) + $10 customs handling charges, I'm happy with it. There are ones with custom paint job which is $15 more but I was on a price point, so I didn't bother.

Here is a link to fc-moto's page: https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...2-Helmet/SubProducts/Bogotto-F122-Helmet-0007

PS: Wife and I did a diy paint job and the helmet looks different (read s*it, but I can't tell her that).
Thanks for the review mate. Bogotto as a brand was always a mystery to me. Surprises me the fact that is 22.06 certified.

Thanks for the review mate. Bogotto as a brand was always a mystery to me. Surprises me the fact that is 22.06 certified.
I own a couple of Bogotto stuff - hard shell back pack, boots and now this helmet. The hump backpack and the boots are still working fine. I do agree that helmet purchase was a bit risky but now we know lol. I'll update once I use it more.

Last edited:
I could not put my head in anything made in china. Is the DOT, ECE, real? Did someone test it?

Times are changing. Lots of major brands are made in China, especially budget ones. My FIM rated Scorpion EXO-R1 Air (same as Quartararo's, in theory) was made there, and was a quality piece of kit. You wouldn't confuse it with a top-tier brand, but it was close and cost 1/3-1/4 as much. When I crashed in mine at Grand Bend, it did its job well, though didn't survive.

Like most things produced in China, it all comes down to the requirements of the purchaser. If they have a high bar, you'll get a good and consistent product but pay more. If they don't care, you'll get junk, but very cheap junk.

As for ECE ratings, they're not self-reported like DOT, and the fines for selling uncertified gear in Europe are significant. A retailer the size of FC-Moto is extremely unlikely to take that risk.

(The ethics and global implications of buying Chinese-made products is a whole other kettle of fish, beyond the scope of this thread, I think...)

While we're on the topic, I had to reach out to fc-moto customer service because the pinlock they sent wasn't the right one. After couple of verification questions, they refunded the amount for pinlock without any delay. Even previously I have had nothing but great experience from their customer support.

Walk of shame post:
I guess it's only fair to come back and put a post crash review of this helmet. Some of you already know, but for others I had an off road excursion lol. Pretty shameful crash, I don't think I'll let this one slide for a long time. But coming to the point, this helmet held up pretty well. I'm impressed by it to a point that had I not needed one the following weekend for Racer 5 intro, I would have picked this one again.

The helmet took a big hit (head first into a tree I think, it's all a blur). 2 cracks one on the outside and one on the inside, but I didn't even have a concussion. I got lucky this time though I'm sad about the bike, insurance after this and not being able to own a proper sports bike due to insurance for a very long time.

For those gentle souls curious to know how I'm doing, the following weekend I attended the Racer 5 intro program. I got lucky.

IMG_8935.JPG

IMG_8939.JPG

wow, what a story - this helmet lived a short but exiting life.
Glad you're ok, and thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom