BMW Urban Mobility | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW Urban Mobility

Homme007

Was just browsing thru the BMW Motorrad site, and can't help but notice the new BMW CE 02 and CE 04 E-bikes....

I know some of us cringe when it comes to E-bikes vs good old engines.. but what do you guys think?

Personally.. i think its a pretty cool idea for urban mobility.. but on the flip side... when you get a BMW with the actual cost of the bike vs getting -- say an EMMO.... I think the EMMO's cost delta really kills the BMW... i.e. EMMO.. u can pretty much ride no insurance.. and BMW.. insurance, reg... license etc....

NOW... I know I am not comparing Apples to Apples... the BMW can go hwy speeds... (its like a Honda Grom..)... where as an EMMO.. even if you remove the e-limiter.. the top speed is like 50kph/60kph?

I don't know much about electric bikes, but what I found out is that the CE-04 passenger pegs are in the perfect position to move your butt back in the seat and use them like sportbike rearsets.

You can brace your outside knee on the scooter seat like as if it were a gas tank and drag knee around corners.

The BMW test ride leader didn't like that too much...

Was just browsing thru the BMW Motorrad site, and can't help but notice the new BMW CE 02 and CE 04 E-bikes....

I know some of us cringe when it comes to E-bikes vs good old engines.. but what do you guys think?

Personally.. i think its a pretty cool idea for urban mobility.. but on the flip side... when you get a BMW with the actual cost of the bike vs getting -- say an EMMO.... I think the EMMO's cost delta really kills the BMW... i.e. EMMO.. u can pretty much ride no insurance.. and BMW.. insurance, reg... license etc....

NOW... I know I am not comparing Apples to Apples... the BMW can go hwy speeds... (its like a Honda Grom..)... where as an EMMO.. even if you remove the e-limiter.. the top speed is like 50kph/60kph?

If you remove the limiter on an e-bike you are really playing with fire. Easy $6000 worth of tickets to a cop willing to take the time to write them. If going more than 32 km/h is important to you, I wouldn't consider any ebike. If 32 km/h is fine, ebike is exponentially cheaper than all other options.

Back
Top Bottom