BMW service/shop? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW service/shop?

Chris-CJ

BeeEms have a reputation for reliability and longevity, but they do require maintenance, parts and the use of special BMW specific tools.

Any recommended shops/mechanics in the Mississauga neighbourhood?

Will be glad to get your feedback - thanks.

On an older BMW, the only special tool I needed was a special.oil filter wrench. Some people recommended budds in oakville as they apparently had a great mechanic with lots of experience. I didnt like the buds attitude (or maybe the bmw attitude). That was a long time ago now. I really like the people at wolf but they are very far.

Good luck, you're going to need it.

What bike do you have?

In terms of “special” tool, the one that comes to mind is the oil filter wrench and the ignition coil lifter (for the boxer engines). Other than that, a good set of metric tools and a Torx set are pretty much all you need.

Tapatalk

Thanks guys.
Basic maintenance is do-able (and I have bought a set of Torx wrenches), the problem is that pesky service reminder.
This service reminder comes up on the guage and obscures the part that tells you how many kms to empty.
The dealer will not reset the reminder unless he does the $$$ annual maintenance and this is in essence just an oil change that I can do.
Anybody/Anyplace, here that can do the reset?

Just get a OBDLink MX+ (to connect your service port) and the software Motoscan (runs on Android phone).

Let me know...

On an older BMW, the only special tool I needed was a special.oil filter wrench. Some people recommended budds in oakville as they apparently had a great mechanic with lots of experience. I didnt like the buds attitude (or maybe the bmw attitude). That was a long time ago now. I really like the people at wolf but they are very far.
Mine is an older tech model, the R9T and because of it's location the special "spin off" tool is what I used for the oil filter.
(I do have a set of metric and torx wrenches).
Anthony, at Budds is a well experienced and willing to share his knowledge. But, it is the "other" reason that you mention that does not make Budds the best option.
Mark, the Wolf's owner-principle is a great guy and Wolf's would have been an excellent choice. Thing is that Wolf's is not in the neighbourhood.
Adrian, from Ace Motortech would not have access to the BMW electronic gizmo to do the ECU service reset.
Any idea who does and who will do the reset?
Thanks

Last edited:
Just get a OBDLink MX+ (to connect your service port) and the software Motoscan (runs on Android phone).

Let me know...
Any idea where the OBDLink can be got from, which model and what is the cost?

... Mark, the Wolf's owner-principle ...
If that is the same Marc that owned Classic Touring Motorcycles on Warden Avenue in the late 1980's
... no comment ?

If that is the same Marc that owned Classic Touring Motorcycles on Warden Avenue in the late 1980's
... no comment
Not the same "Marc".
This "Mark" is genuinely a good guy, others (from as far away as Ottawa) have purchased bikes from him and their experience has been good.
I had been on a group ride (BMW test ride event) and this Mark actually rides and is good at it.

From what I hear, none of the Dealers will do a service indication reset, without doing a $$ service.
It is only 11 km since I did the oil and filter change, the fluids are up to spec and all I need is to have the service indicator to be reset or better still to be set at 1000000 km, 'cos I regularly do the oil changes

They are not in Mississauga but not too far away. You can always try Maranello Motor Sport on Steeles near Weston Rd. You are looking at a 6 week wait time though. It is for me anyway.
Did you buy from there?

yes, I bought from Wolf ... one of my better purchase experiences ... Mark, worked every sales permutation to get me the bike ... the other two were just meh
Not you, was talking to 250R

Plus a Torque Wrench

The first tools you purchase is a torque wrench or 2 and a repair manual. BMW has torque values for every fastner.

Depending on the age of the bike, you may want to get a GS 911 (BMW scan tool) or the Moto Scan app ( Android only) and an OBD2 module and cable if needed.

What bike do you have?

In terms of “special” tool, the one that comes to mind is the oil filter wrench and the ignition coil lifter (for the boxer engines). Other than that, a good set of metric tools and a Torx set are pretty much all you need.

Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom