BMW S1000RR Aftermarket clutch? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW S1000RR Aftermarket clutch?

JohnnyP636

Site Supporter
Has anyone replaced the clutch on a BMW S1000RR with an aftermarket kit? If so how did it work and what brand did you use?

I have a customer who brought me their BMW S 1000RR with a broken clutch cable, he ordered a new cable and I replaced it, but the bike still felt weird hard to find neutral and rough downshifts. So I took his clutch out and although I did not feel it slipping under power its warped and burnt to hell.

Called BMW Toronto the clutch plates are only sold as a complete kit, and its $675+ tax. The customer is not too impressed with the $750 parts price, so Im looking at aftermarket options for him.

I was able to find a decent condition used clutch pack off a local pro racer, that changes his every race weekend.

Here you can see how badly burnt up his was
IMG_2835_zpslz9xsavp.jpg

Last edited:
Every weekend? Man I'd like to have his budget.

He said every race weekend, sounds crazy but he is in CSBK and I think the only round he did this year was 6/7 at Mosport. Either way from this year and last he had a pile of used up clutch packs. The one he gave us was the one he just took out from that weekend at Mosport

He said every race weekend, sounds crazy but he is in CSBK and I think the only round he did this year was 6/7 at Mosport. Either way from this year and last he had a pile of used up clutch packs. The one he gave us was the one he just took out from that weekend at Mosport

I too am "in" CSBK. Just can't comprehend spending +$600 a weekend on a clutch unless your Szoke and fighting for the #1 plate.

Is the BMW that hard on clutches? Maybe it's the LC?

I too am "in" CSBK. Just can't comprehend spending +$600 a weekend on a clutch unless your Szoke and fighting for the #1 plate.

Is the BMW that hard on clutches? Maybe it's the LC?

Not Jordan but Matt Mcbride, not sure how his budget compares to your or Jordan

And yes id say the bmw is hard on clutches. Even the clutch he sold us has more wear then I'd expect from a clutch only used for one race weekend. Even if it was a double header, also in my search I found a lot of street riders that burnt their clutches up with low milage

He only did one round this year so... One clutch per season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He only did one round this year so... One clutch per season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe that's all his budget allows one race per year

I wanted a BMW now I don't think I want one, I break stuff and the stuff in that hike is too expensive and hard to get

I'm waiting on a piece of plastic that holds the clutch cable to the triple clamp and a bolt. Of coarse is backordered 2-3 weeks from Germany and like $60 lol.

I see. Ya sounds like the bikes are hard on clutches. My zx10 has 3000 race km on it and 5000km total on the original clutch. It'll be replaced this year.

He's a front runner usually and I could see making sure your bike is top notch for the one race of the year, you'd be silly not to.

Replaced the clutch in my GSX-R this year after 8000km of street abuse (not me) and a year of track abuse as well as a few race starts and some drag racing at Shanny. Previous clutch had two years of racing and three years of track abuse on it, still good.

So the moral of the story, some bikes and some people are hard on clutches. LOL

Replacement GSX-R 1000 clutch with my spec plates: $350.

I was able to find a decent condition used clutch pack off a local pro racer, that changes his every race weekend.

Here you can see how badly burnt up his was
IMG_2835_zpslz9xsavp.jpg

Is that the cklutch that came out of the customers bike, or is the the race bike clutch with only one weekend. I assume that's from your customer

Back
Top Bottom