BMW R18 - The Harley Killer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW R18 - The Harley Killer?

Not even close . Completely different buyer .

This thing will be a darling of the custom fab folks.

Personally, I’d take a Triumph Rocket or Thunderbird but, those air cooled heads sitting so far out look great. I’d like to hear from a tester that has lived with it after a week. I don’t think it would be that great of a cruiser. Think it’s more poser.

Oh, and and HD’s breakout is a sweet ride too. Lots of after market goodies to make it your own.

Still, it’s a great machine from BMW. I like it. Totally impractical and serves is purpose to look good, sound good, make some grunt and nothing else. Basically, like a HD....lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im genuinely concerned if I test ride a boxer twin I wont be able to stop myself from getting one

Wasn't there a thread on this already? How do you stretch out with the engine in the way. I feel cramped just looking at it.

BMW killer?

Didn't BMW try this before, the R1200C? Pretty bike, marketed as the 'Harley Killer'. It took BMW 4 years to sell as many as HD sold in 8 weeks.

This is not BMWs market, they will sell to Euro posers and a few new riders in the Americas. More of a threat to Triumph and Ducati than Harley Davidson.

Love the look. Look way back in BMW's history to see the inspiration for the R18. Best part is it is in no way trying to be a Harley.
Like any premium brand, I doubt BMW is interested is selling as many as HD does. These brand owners enjoy the exclusivity of smaller production numbers and not seeing their bike 100 times on a Sunday ride.

Nothing like roasting your shins behind a couple of hot cylinders all day. I'll stick with my Harley.

Its kinda like the Triumph Bobber - it'll look great (except for the mufflers) parked out in front of Starbucks.

Didn't BMW try this before, the R1200C? Pretty bike, marketed as the 'Harley Killer'. It took BMW 4 years to sell as many as HD sold in 8 weeks.

This is not BMWs market, they will sell to Euro posers and a few new riders in the Americas. More of a threat to Triumph and Ducati than Harley Davidson.

I realize pretty is a subjective term
but that thing was hideous

2000-BMW-R1200Ca.jpg

Nice looking bike. I don’t see it as much of a Harley killer though. On that topic I don’t understand why the K1600b hasn’t stolen more of the bagger market from Harley, love the look of that bike but I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen one on the road before.

Nice looking bike. I don’t see it as much of a Harley killer though. On that topic I don’t understand why the K1600b hasn’t stolen more of the bagger market from Harley, love the look of that bike but I’m pretty sure I haven’t seen one on the road before.
I'm guessing because Harley owners will only ride Harleys or they will be shunned from other Harley owners. When I had my Harley, the look I got pulling into the dealership with a textile jacket and a full face helmet made me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom