BMW owners movement! | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

I picked up mine a month ago.
I contacted Jon Purdy but it wasn't available for showing at the time so I ended up buying another 2011 F800R from another seller.
I needed to buy one ASAP in order to have more time for practice since I don't have any riding experience except 1 day training in M1 Exit class 5 years ago and my M2 is expiring in September. :(
I love my F800R so much so far and it's good to see another F800R owner here.

F800R01.jpg

Just picked up a 2011 BMW F800r from a fellow GTAM member who is leaving to teach in China.

Really enjoying the nimble handling and braking of the F8R and pleasantly surprised with the nice mid-range the twin offers.

Attachments

• F800R_01.jpg
    F800R_01.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I sold my V Rod and picked up a 2013 BMW F800GS this season, liking the bike although I wish it had more power and wasn't as tall. Still it's an awesome practical bike for going anywhere, especially the long distance trips I'm planning. It's amazing on gas too, I'm averaging 4.2 L/100 and that's mixed with aggressive riding.

The F800r is a nice bike and enjoying it too, but yesterday, I swapped bikes (K1300S) with a friend during our ride and now my F8R feels like a dirt bike :)

I picked up mine a month ago.
I love my F800R so much so far and it's good to see another F800R owner here.

View attachment 32653

Saw a pale green K75 at Pottery Rd. DQ a month or 2 ago. Pulled in to the North side, fiddled with something, then left.

'87 K75s (red) here.

That was me! I had forgotten to do something, but can't remember what now. There were some kid there with you guys with a really sweet old (I think?) 60's-era Honda, if I recall.

There's another red K75 owner in the area (dark red, with gold pinstripes), but I don't think that's you - you said you have the S model and he doesn't have a fairing of any kind.

i am planning a road trip this month on my k1300s. Not sure where to go. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyone wants to ride along- on their own bike ofcourse. Let me know. I have the entire month off.

i am planning a road trip this month on my k1300s....I have the entire month off.

Where do I sign up for your job?!?!

I have taken my K13S to North Carolina/Tennessee and Colorado. Those roads were made for this bike. Stayed in Maggie Valley NC at a motorcycle friendly motel for $50 a night and took day trips to Cherahola, BRPW and Deals gap. In Colorado stayed in Ouray as a central location and did day trips into the surrounding area, too many good roads to list. PM if you want more details.

That was me! I had forgotten to do something, but can't remember what now. There were some kid there with you guys with a really sweet old (I think?) 60's-era Honda, if I recall.
Small world. That was my bike-for-the-day, not a '60's Honda but the '66 Puch "twingle" (made in Austria) in my sig, and also my avatar (Speedermahn, the ticket collector on his 'rocket' :) )

There's another red K75 owner in the area (dark red, with gold pinstripes), but I don't think that's you - you said you have the S model and he doesn't have a fairing of any kind.
Yup, not me. Are you local? And are you on the motobrick forum?

The F800r is a nice bike and enjoying it too, but yesterday, I swapped bikes (K1300S) with a friend during our ride and now my F8R feels like a dirt bike :)

Let me know if you want to sell to upgrade for k13S. I've been looking for an F8R for some time now.

i am planning a road trip this month on my k1300s. Not sure where to go. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or if anyone wants to ride along- on their own bike ofcourse. Let me know. I have the entire month off.

We are headed for the Blue Ridge in Virginia next weekend for the week

I just got it a 2 weks ago so I'll be keeping it for the season. The F8R is really a great bike especially around town and on the backroads. The K1300S is very fast and one of the not what I need, but do enjoy riding them whenever I can. I sold my litre bike for the F8R and no regrets so far. The next bike I would most likely get will be an R1200R. The K1300S would be ideal if I lived in Germany.

Let me know if you want to sell to upgrade for k13S. I've been looking for an F8R for some time now.

I just got it a 2 weks ago so I'll be keeping it for the season. The F8R is really a great bike especially around town and on the backroads. The K1300S is very fast and one of the not what I need, but do enjoy riding them whenever I can. I sold my litre bike for the F8R and no regrets so far. The next bike I would most likely get will be an R1200R. The K1300S would be ideal if I lived in Germany.

Good for you. Please keep me in mind when you want to sell it. Looking for an F8R as a track bike.

No BMW right now but my first was a K75S. Some years later I got a R1100S which was a great bike, just needed another 100 hp.

Now I'm shopping for a K13.......

Does anybody have recent experience importing a Bimmer from the US regarding warranty transfer? I don't want to import a new/ish bike and find out BMW Canada won't honour the warranty.

Cheers.

Small world. That was my bike-for-the-day, not a '60's Honda but the '66 Puch "twingle" (made in Austria) in my sig, and also my avatar (Speedermahn, the ticket collector on his 'rocket' :) )

Yup, not me. Are you local? And are you on the motobrick forum?
Neat, my buddy used to have a Puch when we all rode mopeds (I had/have a Motobecane, which sadly no longer runs due to electrical issues way beyond my ability to fix). Always wanted a Puch Cobra or a Puch Magnum (still sort of do).

I live really close by, near Cosburn and Broadview.

As for Motobrick, I never heard of that forum. Just went and registered now!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom