BMW M1000R | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW M1000R

Where is the best spot to get aftermarket work done to a BMW bike? For example a full exhaust and a tune? I asked the BMW dealer and the guy just blanked on me like I said nothing.. lol

Where is the best spot to get aftermarket work done to a BMW bike? For example a full exhaust and a tune? I asked the BMW dealer and the guy just blanked on me like I said nothing.. lol
A neighbour took his s1000rr to Rider's Choice. Full Akrapovic but no tune.
He's happy.

as @GreyGhost said, Matt @ speedlab will tune and he was also doing custom exhaust work last we spoke.

A neighbour took his s1000rr to Rider's Choice. Full Akrapovic but no tune.
He's happy.
I always thought that a full system needed a tune or it does not run correctly.
The S1000RR responds exceptionally well to tuning because it is so gimped for euro 5 in the low gears.

The S1000RR responds exceptionally well to tuning because it is so gimped for euro 5 in the low gears.
Yes, without a tune there are numerous things that could be out of wack.

Since Ducati sells the full Akro racing titanium i installed, they sell a flash tune for it; which the dealer installed prior to delivery.

Modern ECU's are remarkable at auto-tune (within reason). Some even add timing if you increase fuel octane to increase power. They don't directly measure octane but they are constantly adjusting engine parameters to see what they can do before they get knock. A real tune normally unlocks some more power as the ecu is somewhat limited in changes it will make but the days of going lean and blowing up with an exhaust change are mostly behind us.

The reason I know it has no tune is, it sounds like ass.
So I asked him if they tuned it.
He said "no?", and had a look on his face like I was from Saturn.
I just left it at that. (young kid with bike for baller status)
I think its a '16.

Yes the bike is definitely gimped. 2nd gear doesn't exist for real. 6th pulls harder its just so stupid.

I called both SpeedLab and Pro6, will try calling Riders Choice as well. I have the full exhaust from the factory, but am considering removing it for another full system if this can't be tuned with all the extra junk.

Yes the bike is definitely gimped. 2nd gear doesn't exist for real. 6th pulls harder its just so stupid.

I called both SpeedLab and Pro6, will try calling Riders Choice as well. I have the full exhaust from the factory, but am considering removing it for another full system if this can't be tuned with all the extra junk.
What bike is it btw?

I think bren tuning does it by mailing u their device and u just plug it to your ecu and it flashes the tune on it and u can always revert back to factory tune etc

I think bren tuning does it by mailing u their device and u just plug it to your ecu and it flashes the tune on it and u can always revert back to factory tune etc
this is what i was going to suggest.

You can do a Power Commander and get it dyno tuned but I went the Bren Tuning route because it offers a lot more. Check out their website for the Stage 1-3 differences and you can also see plenty of YT videos from BMW's by them after tuning.
I have the Stage 3 (also did the full exhaust and a Sprint air filter, and IAT relocate). With the Stage 3 not only does it make massive low-midrange power because it brings back what's lost to Euro 5 but I also have a faster quick-shifter and all the power limiters in the lower gears removed. You can also have the fans come on earlier and stuff like that if you wish.
Stage 3 comes with the handheld tuner so you can remove or swap tunes if you wish (if it's going in for service at BMW you can put the stock tune back in then swap back to the aftermarket tune afterwards).

What bike is it btw?
Neds_M.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom