Bmw gs1150 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bmw gs1150

I've never crossed a GS rider that didn't love his bike. I can't help you myself but found this forum that you mind find useful.

I have a 1200 GSA, never ridden the 1150's but they are well loved by many. This is the best forum problem to ask any questions about the GS
http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Does the model your looking at have servo breaks? Not sure if they were out at that time, but if it does I would make sure he has not had any problems, there were issues with the servos many people had. I had servos on my '06 GS, but they worked perfectly every time, all the time. I think servos were the only real concern some had. Shaft drive not included, as I think the 1150's did not suffer from that problem the 1200's had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_GS

No servo brakes on these.
Adventure version has lower first and higher 6th.
I put 80,000km on one it was an excellent bike.
Very reliable.

Many prefer the 11/1150 over the newer because of it has a bit less on the electronic doodaas that the newer GS's have. Never had the opportunity to ride an 1150, so not sure how much better, or at least more power the 1200 has over it.

I ride an 01 1150, and it's a wonderful bike. The 04's had servo brakes which were a pain to bleed, but worked well enough.

I like the 1150's better than the 1200's, but not as much as the 1100's. If I could find an identically farkled 1100 as mine, I'd trade my bike straight up.

The only thing I would change on my 1150 is to put the adventure or touratech large tank on it - I run out of gas before I'm ready to take a break... gas tank is only good for 300kms or so on the highway.

I ride an 01 1150, and it's a wonderful bike. The 04's had servo brakes which were a pain to bleed, but worked well enough.

I like the 1150's better than the 1200's, but not as much as the 1100's. If I could find an identically farkled 1100 as mine, I'd trade my bike straight up.

The only thing I would change on my 1150 is to put the adventure or touratech large tank on it - I run out of gas before I'm ready to take a break... gas tank is only good for 300kms or so on the highway.

Range is the biggest thing for me, thats why I got the GSA. Highway I am getting close to 700 kms a tank, and I could still go longer.

Back
Top Bottom