Blogging | GTAMotorcycle.com

Blogging

gaihosa

Not sure if this is the right place to post but where is the best place to log your riding adventures? Presently I do it on Facebook on my own profile. Have been thinking of creating a new profile just dedicated to my riding adventures but maybe I'm limiting my exposure. Don't really use Instagram as I feel that is mostly about just posting pictures and not telling a story. Youtube seems to be one of the best ways but if your main illustration method is pictures and text then Youtube isn't the way, so where would be the best place to publish your stories for maximum exposure?

Might want to try posting up in the Ride Reports section of ADVRider.com.

There are two sections, the Epic Rides forum is for week-long to multi-year trips, and popular threads can easily reach over a million views:

Then there's the shorter day-rides section, aptly named Day Trippin':

You can just start your own thread like i did. The comments are a really nice addition.

You can just start your own thread like i did. The comments are a really nice addition.
I might do that. I prefer the Facebook layout or blog layout but I do the like the idea thats its your own section.

Might want to try posting up in the Ride Reports section of ADVRider.com.

There are two sections, the Epic Rides forum is for week-long to multi-year trips, and popular threads can easily reach over a million views:

Then there's the shorter day-rides section, aptly named Day Trippin':

I'm looking for something where my material isn't mixed with others but I will definitely check it out as it sounds like the kind of place where I can get more info on my trips that I have planned.

I'm looking for something where my material isn't mixed with others but I will definitely check it out as it sounds like the kind of place where I can get more info on my trips that I have planned.

Your initial post talks about "maximum exposure". I know of no better place than the ADVRider forums for getting eyeballs on ride reports that are just text and pictures.

If you want your material separate and unmixed from other content, then you are sacrificing exposure, as very few people will venture off their favorite platforms (FB, Insta, TikTok, forums, etc) to navigate your custom site.

If that's what you want, then maybe set up your own blog using Blogger.com or Wordpress or a custom web page builder. Then the challenge is driving traffic to your site.

I have a blog, but I mirror the content on multiple forums, and I have FB and Insta accounts that point back to the blog.

Your initial post talks about "maximum exposure". I know of no better place than the ADVRider forums for getting eyeballs on ride reports that are just text and pictures.

If you want your material separate and unmixed from other content, then you are sacrificing exposure, as very few people will venture off their favorite platforms (FB, Insta, TikTok, forums, etc) to navigate your custom site.

If that's what you want, then maybe set up your own blog using Blogger.com or Wordpress or a custom web page builder. Then the challenge is driving traffic to your site.

I have a blog, but I mirror the content on multiple forums, and I have FB and Insta accounts that point back to the blog.
This is pretty the setup I am thinking it will have to be. Sorry, my original post wasn't clear. Will definitely check out ADVRider. Thanks for the answer.

Back
Top Bottom