Bleed valve broken | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bleed valve broken

RodneyBR

Site Supporter
I noticed that on my Yamaha TW200 the bleeder valve on the front brake is snapped off.

My questions is, how can I remove it easily? I was thinking a reverse drill bit might work the best.

Another question. If I remove it, I guess it means bleeding the front brake?

Last edited:
If it's broken flush and not leaking, you don't have to do anything. Leave it. If it's bugging you, get yourself a set of easy-outs and take your chances with the caliper. Being a bike, bleeders usually aren't that seized.

If it's broken flush and not leaking, you don't have to do anything. Leave it. If it's bugging you, get yourself a set of easy-outs and take your chances with the caliper. Being a bike, bleeders usually aren't that seized.

+ THEY ARE pretty soft.

you can also drill tap them out....

No, it's not leaking, so I might just leave it, unless the folks at GP Bikes can fix it next for next to nothing. I have to take the TW200 in anyway, so no harm in asking them.

No, it's not leaking, so I might just leave it, unless the folks at GP Bikes can fix it next for next to nothing. I have to take the TW200 in anyway, so no harm in asking them.
They'll charge you at least an hour ($100) plus a new bleeder.

Back
Top Bottom