Bistella 500 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bistella 500

My guess is the limiting factor is is some part that would get shredded under more power.

Pretty cool project, can say I've ever seen a rotary piston bevel drive motorcycle.

Interesting engineering exercise, I wonder if it meets the new EU emission standards (haha)

Had a friend who had a Jawa 50, 1972 or 1973, similar to image. What a completely gutless motorcycle. The 500 rotary (10 x 50cc) seems to have a bit of power.

jawa-23a-mustang-1972-sedy-01-1.jpg

Cool. Limiting it to 12hp is a real kick in the nuts. Redline is probably 3000 rpm or less. Superchargers just add weight and complexity. If I was limited to 12 hp, I would be inclined to make the challenge pulling out as much weight as possible.
yea, that was what I didn't understand. Why add superchargers if you are limiting it in power. I can't imagine without superchargers it would do 12hp or make a huge difference. the added weight and power drain without the higher end power benefits.
maybe this is just on paper/internet video: 'limited to 12hp by the throttle, I only twist it 10%'.

Interesting engineering exercise, I wonder if it meets the new EU emission standards (haha)

Had a friend who had a Jawa 50, 1972 or 1973, similar to image. What a completely gutless motorcycle. The 500 rotary (10 x 50cc) seems to have a bit of power.

jawa-23a-mustang-1972-sedy-01-1.jpg

You gotta remember that Jawa was to get Vladimir to the factory on two tablespoons of fuel . Fun was never part of that engineering. Just like 1950 Ducati’s , they were transportation, not sport yet

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom