Bike tampered with ..A good deed? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike tampered with ..A good deed?

Xyrus

I stopped into Yorkdale earlier today and parked in a space right beside a curb outside the movie theatre. Came out about 40 minutes later to my bike facing the opposite direction. Stood there confused, and looked around for any potential suspects/witnesses. Nobody was around I proceeded to do a full visual of the inspection of the bike and found nothing wrong. The only mark was on the asphalt where by bike was lifted onto the side stand and physically turned around.

The only thing which resulted from it all was me being able to pull out of said space easier.

Has anyone ever had this happen to you? I'm still confused and half considering contacting yorkdale security to see if they had any visual.

I stopped into Yorkdale earlier today and parked in a space right beside a curb outside the movie theatre. Came out about 40 minutes later to my bike facing the opposite direction. Stood there confused, and looked around for any potential suspects/witnesses. Nobody was around I proceeded to do a full visual of the inspection of the bike and found nothing wrong. The only mark was on the asphalt where by bike was lifted onto the side stand and physically turned around.

The only thing which resulted from it all was me being able to pull out of said space easier.

Has anyone ever had this happen to you? I'm still confused and half considering contacting yorkdale security to see if they had any visual.
I had that happen one time at Scarborough Town Center, bike was pointed the opposite way when I came out!! I freaked out, checked for any damage, didn't see any. A guy that was sitting on the bench came over and said "I saw a guy move your bike, your kickstand had sunk into the asphalt and your bike was about to fall over, so someone picked it up and spun it around."

The way he parked it, there was much less pressure on the kickstand (the spot was on a bit of an angle), I figure that's why he spun it around instead of just moving it 1ft forward and re-parking it. I could see the deep hole and bits of asphalt where I had the kickstand originally.

Whoever you are, THANKS!

And you're positive you didn't just park it like that initially and forgot? :D

There are a lot of things I like to do on a bike. However parking conveniently isn't one of them.

I had that happen one time at Scarborough Town Center, bike was pointed the opposite way when I came out!! I freaked out, checked for any damage, didn't see any. A guy that was sitting on the bench came over and said "I saw a guy move your bike, your kickstand had sunk into the asphalt and your bike was about to fall over, so someone picked it up and spun it around."

The way he parked it, there was much less pressure on the kickstand (the spot was on a bit of an angle), I figure that's why he spun it around instead of just moving it 1ft forward and re-parking it. I could see the deep hole and bits of asphalt where I had the kickstand originally.

Whoever you are, THANKS!

That's truly a good deed. Makes me wonder if similar logic struck whomever did it to me. Although today wasn't nearly hot enough to make a cbr125 sink into the asphalt. I don't think it ever gets hot enough for my CBR to sink into anything besides mud.

That's truly a good deed. Makes me wonder if similar logic struck whomever did it to me. Although today wasn't nearly hot enough to make a cbr125 sink into the asphalt. I don't think it ever gets hot enough for my CBR to sink into anything besides mud.

Think twice, invest in a kickstand disc. I had a CBR125 in 2008 and it caved into the asphalt twice, and one of the times i was lucky one of the employees at the dealership caught my bike.

This year i forgot to put my disc down a few times and one afternoon i saw my bike heavily leaning over more than usual, it sunk about an inch into the asphalt in my driveway

Think twice, invest in a kickstand disc. I had a CBR125 in 2008 and it caved into the asphalt twice, and one of the times i was lucky one of the employees at the dealership caught my bike.

This year i forgot to put my disc down a few times and one afternoon i saw my bike heavily leaning over more than usual, it sunk about an inch into the asphalt in my driveway

And with that (after realizing on my last ride on a hot day that my kickstand disk wasn't on the bike) I have just gone and put it under the seat.

Thanks!

My parking lot at work is riddled with holes as everyday (Even days like today) My bike will sink about an inch.
During the summer months I use a puck but in this weather I know it won't go down more than 1/2" so I get lazy

My landlord hates me because he put crap asphalt down so my 650R kickstand will sink in even in the winter. He usually puts something under the kickstand when I'm away if I forget to.

Ask your friends who played the joke on you. Problem solved when one starts laughing.

Think twice, invest in a kickstand disc.

Invest in a can of soup. You get some tasty soup, and a lid suitable for a kickstand puck

Back
Top Bottom