Bike keeps shutting off | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike keeps shutting off

GRN_ZX7R

Weird problem with my bike, it is an 06 Kawasaki 636.. so basically bike starts fine, but as soon as I lean it over on the kick stand it shuts off, weirdest thing is it won’t even start unless I let it stand vertical... Thought might be the kick stand switch, but even with the stand off, as soon as I lean it on the side it shuts off. Any ideas?

Do you have a tip over switch or lean sensor. This would turn off your bike if you dumped it. If so, it might be defective.

Reactions: TK4
Does it die when you lean it on the other side?
Are you turning the bars when you put it on the sidestand? If so, are there any cables (ignition cable maybe) that are being stretched when you turn the bars?
Do the headlights and lights on your dash go off when your bike dies? If so, could be a loose battery terminal connection or fuse problem.

Do you have a tip over switch or lean sensor. This would turn off your bike if you dumped it. If so, it might be defective.
It does have a tip over sensor, might have to check that if I can find out where it is

Does it die when you lean it on the other side?
Are you turning the bars when you put it on the sidestand? If so, are there any cables (ignition cable maybe) that are being stretched when you turn the bars?
Do the headlights and lights on your dash go off when your bike dies? If so, could be a loose battery terminal connection or fuse problem.
I actually haven’t tried the other side, but when leaning it I’m not moving the bars at all, I also did check for any loose cables. Went though all the fuses they all seem fine..

Tip over sensor would be the first thing that comes to mind as well...but yes, check all the other points mentioned such as where wiring has to articulate around the front forks, etc.

Back
Top Bottom