Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!] | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!]

The cheapest rate i received is from John R. Duffy. I was quoted for 2338 while other places quoted me 3K plus. For those who are wondering, i'm 19 with no previous insurance or record and currently have my GM2 with riders training.

Hey Raj672

Thanks for posting my info and the kind words!

I contacted, actually my GF did, Raheel for a quote. According to her he was great guy to talk to and very helpful. Unfortunately, we didn't go with him but he was pretty helpful to her in pointing her to other people who might be able to help us in getting a better quote and answering her questions she had.

I contacted, actually my GF did, Raheel for a quote. According to her he was great guy to talk to and very helpful. Unfortunately, we didn't go with him but he was pretty helpful to her in pointing her to other people who might be able to help us in getting a better quote and answering her questions she had.

Hey Bishop,
I remember talking to her. Who did you guys end up going with?

BTW, thanks for your kind words!

Raheel

Hey Bishop,
I remember talking to her. Who did you guys end up going with?

BTW, thanks for your kind words!

Raheel

NP, We ended up going with Primmum. They were slightly closer to what we had in our budget for spending on Insurance this year. You never know you might get a call from me again next year.

NEVER get insurance through STATE FARM!!
My motorcycle was stolen this early this year. Halfway through my claim, statefarm jumped on a technicality to cancel my policy.
BEWARE. BOYCOTT STATEFARM. You cancel them, they eat your money...they cancel you to get out of claims and mangle your record.

NEVER get insurance through STATE FARM!!
My motorcycle was stolen this early this year. Halfway through my claim, statefarm jumped on a technicality to cancel my policy.
BEWARE. BOYCOTT STATEFARM. You cancel them, they eat your money...they cancel you to get out of claims and mangle your record.

Sorry to hear of this....

Anyone find an insurance company that considers the # of cylinders in their Quote?
I trying to insure a 2003 Ducati Monster 800, and as a new rider (32 yr old Male) the 800ccs are hurting me.

You should give me a call. That '03 Monster should be pretty reasonable on insurance. I have a Monster myself.

Ronn @ Riders Plus Insurance ext. 233

After the fact they did a search and found a seatbelt ticket that i recieved earler in the year. They used that to cancel my insurance.
Didnt even offer me a different rate....i was told that they have certain options and enforce them when people make a claim. Bogus.

After the fact they did a search and found a seatbelt ticket that i recieved earler in the year. They used that to cancel my insurance.
Didnt even offer me a different rate....i was told that they have certain options and enforce them when people make a claim. Bogus.

Seems a bit harsh to cancel you for 1 minor ticket. They were probably just looking for a reason to get you off their book!

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that Brain Duffy of John. Duffy Insurance brokers was awesome to deal with. As a first time time rider he helped me out with everything and i got a great deal- age 22, male,
$1400 per year Hyosung GT250R with theft. Just putting it out there. Oh and the new gt250r is awesome.

Just sharing some usefull informaiton regarding Insurance. I am a new rider with M1 and have bought a Suzuki C109RT it is a 1800cc. I called most of the insurance companies and brokers, got a coute of 2700 to $4500. Then I called my car Insurance Company, which is TD Meloche Monnex. I got Insurance for $1700 without training and it will be $1500 a year, once I get the Driver Training Certificate and $1100 once I get M.
Meloche Monnex only gives you insurance if you are part of a Group, like in my case, My wife graduated from University of Western Ontario, also, I am member of Opimian Wine society. Both of these qualify for Insurance Discounts. I am very relieved and wanted to share this information with my fellow riders. Hope is helps

Don't know if this will help. I went through TD Insurance online. It was so quick and easy.
I pay less than $600/yr (2009- 250 Ninja). $500 deductible, full comp coverage. I've had two claims in the past two years on my car, but no tickets.
I would recommend giving them a call. Hope this helps. Just look them up online they have a 1-800 #.

For those folks looking to insure a bike this late in the summer or have their renewal coming up, try Riders Plus. There are a few basic "filters" to get past, but other than that (and because of that) we're talking damn good rates, especially in Southern Ontario and Toronto/GTA.

Requirements
- Must be over 25 years old
- Rider Training Course required for M1 or M2 riders (M class it doesnt matter if you took a course or not)
- No more than 3 traffic tickets in the past 3 years (car or bike)

Rider DOES insure some sportbikes, but not many supersports. Always good to shop around. Give Ronn a call: 416-251-1447 at ext. 233

Back
Top Bottom