Big Chute Sat Aug 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Big Chute Sat Aug 13

I am planning to do something similar soon too, but not interested in SW13 or 12th... instead I am extending to Rosseau>141>Huntsville>35 back (smthg like that, not exact)
maybe you want to join me for that route following week? I am still not sure when i am going tho.. lazy summer... lol

I am going to do a ride up to big chute rd, across 38 and back down. I may take a look at 12 mile lake rd while I'm up there.

Starting early, leaving my place about 7-7:30 am.

Something like this.... Eastgate Pkwy to Eastgate Pkwy

Let us know how the conditions are on 13/Southwood. I had hope 2 seasons ago when I ran into construction, but by the sounds of other ride reports, they either stopped or are going really slowly.

Let us know how the conditions are on 13/Southwood. I had hope 2 seasons ago when I ran into construction, but by the sounds of other ride reports, they either stopped or are going really slowly.
Was up there week before last. Road is mostly rough….small potholes, gravel. Pretty disappointing to be honest.

It was significantly colder at 7:30am than we anticipated. Only about 12 degrees. We took it easy going up to conserve some heat.

Went into Cold Water for gas and a coffee to warm up.

Rode Big Chute Rd from Cold Water up to Big Chute Marine Railway. That rd is perfect. Pavement is amazing.
This is how I imagine the Marine railway came into being.
Engineer one: I am so sick of just desiging and installing locks to get boats up and down this waterway.
Engineer two: Hold my beer.......

Rail 1.jpg

Rail 2.jpg

Big_chute_acansino.jpg

Anyways....

The section of rd out to the highway is more of the same amazing rd.

@monkeyfarm had done some work up on Twelve Mile lake Rd so we went there to check it out.
The pavement leaves something to be desired in sections but the rd is super nice. You have to ride in and out as it does not go anywhere but that lets you see the conditions. If you are riding by, it worth the 40 mins to ride it.

We then rode back down to 38 to head east. 38 is a nice rd but is also a Community Safety Zone the whole way to 13.

As others have said 13 is a bit of a Sh*T show. Some parts are great where others have gravel and huge pot holes in the corners. I would not recommend. They are closing it this week for repairs, whatever that means. So some brave soul will have to check out what is being done at a later date.

Slabbed it back down 11/400 home through the traffic.

My longest ride so I was bagged at the end.

Fun ride and a great way to spend a Saturday.

Last edited:
I've never viewed the Marine Railway from the opposite side, I'll have to do that next time I am up that way. (y)

Back
Top Bottom