Beta bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beta bikes

Vova

Hello all
I’m stuck on this purchasing issue
I’m thinking about Beta xtrainer 300, watch some videos and generally very impressed with the bike
Just wanted to know if anybody owns a beta and possibly have something not so good to say about it.
thanks in advance

Update on the subject in case someone is interested, I did put a deposit on it in May and just picked it up this Saturday. 2022 Beta xtrainer 300.
I was riding a 21 yz125 all summer and got some experience, then bought used husky fx450 to convert to snow bike. Tried it out on single track and felt kind of bored with 4 stroke. Now that I picked up the cross trainer I realized that it was absolutely worth the wait. So much more fun on the single track and the 2T just makes me giggle. I think I finally found the right bike for me.

Still looking for group rides in Ganaraska, I’m there almost every weekend. Cheers

Last edited:
@Wingboy has a beta. Not that one though.
I bought the Beta because i don't trust any of the other trials manufacturers. They have been around for a long time and have a good rep. As for my testament to it? Can't say. Still haven't ridden it.:(

I bought the Beta because i don't trust any of the other trials manufacturers. They have been around for a long time and have a good rep. As for my testament to it? Can't say. Still haven't ridden it.:(
Weren't you cruising around on it in the driveway with the grandkids?

Weren't you cruising around on it in the driveway with the grandkids?
Yup, done a bit of that. Love hearing them squeal every wheelie!
It's a competition dirt machine. Doesn't count unless it gets dirty. Someday.

Don't buy an xtrainer. They don't bring many in and I want one.;)

I know a fellow who swears by them (Beta) and haven't heard anybody swear AT them. The new ones appear well built and the older 4 strokes are apparently the KTM RFS engine which was solid.

The dealers are enthusiasts so that makes ownership a more personal experience.

Hello all
I’m stuck on this purchasing issue
I’m thinking about Beta xtrainer 300, watch some videos and generally very impressed with the bike
Just wanted to know if anybody owns a beta and possibly have something not so good to say about it.
thanks in advance
These are the experiences of my close riding buddies and not "something I heard from a friend of a friend" all of which were bought new by them and they are VERY experienced trail riders (ie. they ride a lot but take care of their stuff):
2018 Beta 390 - Complete engine failure just over the 100hr mark among some other big issues that kept the bike at the shop a few times and he ultimately sold it because of downtime. Switched for a year to the Husky 350 and loved it but now on a new 21 Gas Gas 300 and loves it even more.
2017 Beta 390 - Complete engine failure around the 175hr mark. Sold it.
2019 Beta 200 - Electrical issues. She's still riding that bike but it's been back to dealer a few times for these gremlins. Has around 200hrs on it now.
2021 Beta 200 - Ordered last Fall and it's still at the dealer with electrical issues. To clarify, it was found to have electrical issues during PDI and although it arrived at dealer around early March it's still there and he's never gotten to ride it. Has a 2019 KTM 250XC as a backup bike that's never let him down.

Those are the only friends that have owned Beta's and those are what they've told me.

Everyone has their own stories.I always think about the horror stories of owning a Ducati. The really bad ones are the ones that you read about on forums. You very rarely hear the stories at meets or at the track.

Everyone has their own stories.I always think about the horror stories of owning a Ducati. The really bad ones are the ones that you read about on forums. You very rarely hear the stories at meets or at the track.
Those were the experiences of the Beta owners I ride with and know well. If a friend had one with good experiences I would have included that as well.

Those were the experiences of the Beta owners I ride with and know well. If a friend had one with good experiences I would have included that as well.
I wasn't doubting your experience. Just a comment on how internet information travels.

These are the experiences of my close riding buddies and not "something I heard from a friend of a friend" all of which were bought new by them and they are VERY experienced trail riders (ie. they ride a lot but take care of their stuff):
2018 Beta 390 - Complete engine failure just over the 100hr mark among some other big issues that kept the bike at the shop a few times and he ultimately sold it because of downtime. Switched for a year to the Husky 350 and loved it but now on a new 21 Gas Gas 300 and loves it even more.
2019 Beta 200 - Electrical issues. She's still riding that bike but it's been back to dealer a few times for these gremlins. Has around 200hrs on it now.
2021 Beta 200 - Ordered last Fall and it's still at the dealer with electrical issues. To clarify, it was found to have electrical issues during PDI and although it arrived at dealer around early March it's still there and he's never gotten to ride it. Has a 2019 KTM 250XC as a backup bike that's never let him down.

Those are the only friends that have owned Beta's and those are what they've told me.
Yikes!

That's a long list. Definitely makes me thing twice. The electrical issues in particular are a concern with the bikes being fuel injected now, 2 strokes included.

I guess I should have bought the KTM 250 Freeride I saw a couple years ago for $4600. Snooze you loose in my case.

Heard on the grapevine that the 250 x trainer was preferred than the 300 one.. dont know why though
Kyle also said most people he knows of who get the 300 regret it as they're looking for more of the traditional dirt bike in terms of speed and power and that bike is not it. He said other stuff in more detail too, but I was only sort of half listening.... Whoops

Thanks for sharing
I appreciate it

Don't buy an xtrainer. They don't bring many in and I want one.;)

I know a fellow who swears by them (Beta) and haven't heard anybody swear AT them. The new ones appear well built and the older 4 strokes are apparently the KTM RFS engine which was solid.

The dealers are enthusiasts so that makes ownership a more personal experience.
You’re right about them not bringing many, I ended up putting a deposit on it, and the place I ordered from, have only 20 coming in end of June.
So now with all these comments I hear, I’m starting to think if I should get the Beta 250 RR
Don’t know, this will be my third bike this year, I keep buying the wrong ones.
so far what I figured is that I love the 2 stroke bikes. And I think enduro is more my type of fun.
I bought a Chinese four stroke beginning of the year, realized that it was ... you know.
sold it bought a brand new Yz 125, realized that it’s not quite the enduro type bike. And most importantly I realized that it is the tallest bike out of all the dirt bikes, while I’m quite vertically challenged 5’5”. That is one of the reasons I’m stuck on Betas, their seat height is so low.
And now I’m selling my street bike to finance the new bike, possibly will be selling the yz 125 as well once I get the Beta
And lastly, I don’t have any riding buddies, so if anyone going to ganaraska and interested in some company I would love to go as well. Skill level beginner trail, lots of street experience though.

You’re right about them not bringing many, I ended up putting a deposit on it, and the place I ordered from, have only 20 coming in end of June.
So now with all these comments I hear, I’m starting to think if I should get the Beta 250 RR
Don’t know, this will be my third bike this year, I keep buying the wrong ones.
so far what I figured is that I love the 2 stroke bikes. And I think enduro is more my type of fun.
I bought a Chinese four stroke beginning of the year, realized that it was ... you know.
sold it bought a brand new Yz 125, realized that it’s not quite the enduro type bike. And most importantly I realized that it is the tallest bike out of all the dirt bikes, while I’m quite vertically challenged 5’5”. That is one of the reasons I’m stuck on Betas, their seat height is so low.
And now I’m selling my street bike to finance the new bike, possibly will be selling the yz 125 as well once I get the Beta
And lastly, I don’t have any riding buddies, so if anyone going to ganaraska and interested in some company I would love to go as well. Skill level beginner trail, lots of street experience though.
It's a shame the dealers are closed and you can't sit on anything to check for size.

I agree, 2 strokes make great off road bikes. I didn't believe the difference was significant until I owned a KTM530. My 300 EXC was a far superior off road bike, particularly in tight trails. Much more forgiving and easier to go fast on. Actually, easier to go slow on too.

Personally, I don't think you'll notice much difference between the 300 and 250. I believe what Hardwrkr13 was referring to was that the X-trainer series are VERY different from other off road bikes. They lean towards trials bikes, while still being on the "regular" side of things. The suspension will be softer and more compliant and the power delivery will be focused on low end and tractability. I expect with it's trials influence it won't perform well when pushed at higher speeds or in whoops, but I've been wrong before.

The best way I can describe it is that it's a relaxed but high quality trail bike. Best for exploring and having fun at a less than race pace.

Which is exactly why I want one. Hope you enjoy it.

It's a shame the dealers are closed and you can't sit on anything to check for size.

I agree, 2 strokes make great off road bikes. I didn't believe the difference was significant until I owned a KTM530. My 300 EXC was a far superior off road bike, particularly in tight trails. Much more forgiving and easier to go fast on. Actually, easier to go slow on too.

Personally, I don't think you'll notice much difference between the 300 and 250. I believe what Hardwrkr13 was referring to was that the X-trainer series are VERY different from other off road bikes. They lean towards trials bikes, while still being on the "regular" side of things. The suspension will be softer and more compliant and the power delivery will be focused on low end and tractability. I expect with it's trials influence it won't perform well when pushed at higher speeds or in whoops, but I've been wrong before.

The best way I can describe it is that it's a relaxed but high quality trail bike. Best for exploring and having fun at a less than race pace.

I don't know about Beta dealerships, but in general dealerships should be allowing people inside for vehicle sales. I was just at one a few weeks ago. Eveything else is curbside.

Thank you I really appreciate your kind words of wisdom.
I am enjoying just being out there, off road anything, out in the wilderness. Im pretty sure I will enjoy riding on any bike :)

Thank you I really appreciate your kind words of wisdom.
I am enjoying just being out there, off road anything, out in the wilderness. Im pretty sure I will enjoy riding on any bike :)
I believe he meant what Amazon was referring to and not me but I do agree to stay away from the Xtrainer.

I had a YZ450 (trail converted) and one day I swapped bikes with a random guy in the Ganny I met one day. He was on a 16 KTM 300XCW and it was eye-opening. I was hitting tree on the INSIDE of every corner because I wasn't used to being able to change direction so quickly. I ordered my new KTM 300XC a couple days later and never rode the 450 again. I did like the 450 better on the track and for pretty much anything 4th gear and above but for tight single track I'm mostly 3rd gear touching 2,4 at times and the 2T is my choice there every day.

Back
Top Bottom